• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing Lightroom Cloud Sync

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you prevent Lightroom from automatically Cloud Syncing?

I want to disable this feature.

20gb is not enough for all my photos. LOL 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

You can't. Lightroom is designed to store originals online and it relies on Adobe Sensei (the AI in the cloud), so if you prevent it from syncing, you prevent it from functioning properly. You can work offline for a while if you have no internet, but as soon as you restore the internet connection the cloud sync will be restored too. If you don't want to increase your cloud space, then don't use Lightroom (desktop), use Lightroom Classic. That is the version that is designed for local storage of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Lightroom is designed to store originals online and it relies on Adobe Sensei (the AI in the cloud), so if you prevent it from syncing, you prevent it from functioning properly. You can work offline for a while if you have no internet, but as soon as you restore the internet connection the cloud sync will be restored too. If you don't want to increase your cloud space, then don't use Lightroom (desktop), use Lightroom Classic. That is the version that is designed for local storage of images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<attempted profanity removed> <moderator>

it looks and feels outdated and is cumbersome to use, LR (CC) is ok to use (I am a regular C1 user) but nothing spectacular to say the least (it is too simplyfied) - it is well optimised for the M1 Mac, which is good. I won't be paying for a programm that forces me to sync my (private) images to some online server. And no, I dont need an "AI" to sort my images or to have any impact on my photographic work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine with me, suit yourself. I have no idea why you felt you needed to revive a more than two years old thread, just to tell me this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines