Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsynched photo edits missing after moving originals

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lightroom Community,

i’m writing in this forum because I really need your help. I just tried to move the folders with all my originals to my external hard drive. Unfortunately the latest imported and edited photos were not synched at this point. When I opened lightroom exactly these photos started disappearing one after another. I immediately closed Lightroom to prevent more photos go missing and moved to originals back to there original place. When I opened Lightroom again all the remaining photos had no edits anymore (straight original RAWs) and the other ones were missing. So please can someone tell me: how can I restore my library and get my latest, unsynched edits back? 

Best, 
Gregor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it myself. For anyone who has the same problem:

Go into Lightroom settings --> Local Storage, now click on "Macintosh HD" or whatever your harddrive is called. You end up in some internal Lightroom folders. Open the folder "settings" and sort by Change Date. This way you can figure out which files belong to which imports. Now drag all your chosen settings into Lightroom (you have to be in grid view in Lightroom). It will tell you that the photo can not be found but gives you (finally!!!) the opportunity to search for it. Then just choose the folder which contains the photos and lightroom will reconnect the settings with the RAWs. Hope this will help somebody in the future!

Best,
Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines