• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find presets folder Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm using Lightroom CC and love it, but I have a bunch of presets I never use and wat to delete.

In order to delete them I need to find the folder where they are saved on my Mac... but I can't find that folder.

I already went to preferences > local storage but I just can't find them.
Is there a specific name for the presets folder?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robbertb,

If you are looking to delete the user presets then, Ctrl click on the preset and select delete to remove the presets from the user library.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes I've seen that as well, but that's just for one presets.
What if want to delete a whole bunch of presets from Lightroom?
I's very annoying you can't simply do that.

Happy to hear if you have any tips, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim! it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks quite an informative article that Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not bad, Reed, although there's a slight error in it (which doesn't impact on the OP). Basically the directions for locating the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file are misleading, the directions supplied suggest looking in the Local Storage tab, but the location highlighted is for the location of the stored local copy of the originals....but that may or may not be inside the default library file. It only works in this case because the author hasn't specified a different location, if he had the user wouldn't find the library file in the location in the Local Storage tab. Also the article doesn't cover the location of the presets on a Windows system.

The local catalog on both platforms is fixed (but different), and the correct locations for the presets on those platforms are:

Mac: /users/username/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary, followed by the instructions in the article about showing package contents.

Windows: \users\username\appdata\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data, the catalog will be inside the folder that has the long string of alphanumeric characters, and inside that will be the "cr_settings" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep thanks Jim for highlighting that anomaly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines