• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Android app to use for editing single photos?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CC-subscription and usually use Lightroom Classic on my laptop to process all photos. However, sometimes I want to edit one or two photos on my Android phone before posting on social media etc. Which app should I use for that? I have tried Lightroom for Android but the fact that it syncs to the cloud, with no option to turn the sync off, is a deal-breaker for me. I want to just open my local photos, make som edits and then save them locally before posting on social media.

Thankful for your suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just wondered why you didn't want to sync to the Cloud as you could just create Collections in Classic and Sync just those chosen Collections, they would then be available to edit in Lightroom CC Android (ok, they are Smart Previews only but may be good enough for social media). Once you have edited and exported in Android, you can stop syncing that Collection from Lightroom Classic.

Or do you mean the Photos start off on your Phone? In that case you could pause syncing in the Lightroom CC App so nothing reaches the Cloud. Although it it quite useful to Sync, as the Photos taken and edits made would sync back and download to Classic (once downloaded, you could delete from the Cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, the photos start from my phone (your second paragraph). As far as I am concerned, there is not way to pause syncing in the Lightroom CC App for Android. Therefore, I was thinking that maybe any of the other Adobe CC programs could do basically the same photo edits but without syncing to the cloud. There are so many different Adobe CC PS Android apps there that I would not know which one to use.

Yours sincerely,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to pause by tapping the Cloud icon:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom/help/work-with-lightroom-mobile-android.html

As for other apps, probably Photoshop Express or Photoshop Fix May suit, athough they both may be destructive editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lr 3.4 on Android, tapping the cloud doesn't seem to give an option to pause syncing. But if you don't want Lr to use up mobile data go to Preferences and make sure "Use Cellular Data" is off. Would that be enough to make it work for you Arvinjpeg?

VSCO is a great mobile editor. But I think you may run into the same problem there - I can't remember for sure though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. Turning off "Use Cellular" wouldn't really solve it because it would still sync as soon as I got connected to Wifi. I think I'll just have to look outside the Adobe software, which is a shame because I pay a lot of money for it each month.

I'll keep the thread open in case someone finds a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I couldn't help more! I'm curious though, if you wouldn't mind me asking - why are you not happy for it to sync via wifi but for you to just ignore the fact it's gone to the cloud? Is it bandwidth, data space, privacy or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines