• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4.4.1 + iOS 13 Turns my iPad pro into an 'iPad? Nope'

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm extremely frustrated with Lightroom mobile right now. With Apple's beefed up file system on the iPads with iOS 13, I was expecting much better usability on mobile especially since my iPad is officially more powerful than my 2015 MacBook pro...

However, I'm constantly running into major workflow road blocks. The first is that you cannot import directly from an SD card or external SSD. This forces me to double down on storage and import first to files, then to Lightroom. I also have to delete from multiple locations when I'm done with a project. This needs to change!!!

That problem at least has a work around. The next is much more sinister. I cannot get the import from files tool to work. One photo at a time? Forget about it. Let me import all 100+ photos from a shoot at the same time! See video. It's impossible to even get these arw files in from files. At this point the mobile app is completely unusable. 

Lastly it is saving a ton of extra data somewhere and can't deleted it. I've cleared cages and deleted everything I can from the app and files. It still says it's got 45+GB of data from 12 photos. The raw files are 'only' 85MB a pop so I have no idea what to do save delete the app entirely. 

Does anyone have a solution for these? I've been scouring the forums but haven't found anything that would get me editing instead of googling. 

Excuse spelling... Typed on my iPad Nope

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although direct import is now possible in iOS 13, I don't think it's possible in Lightroom Mobile yet and for the second point (of one at a time import), probably best to wait until Adobe enable the first point.

As far the numbers not adding up, that's strange. Out of interest how much Cloud Storage are you using up and your Photos suucessfully uploaded? ........ may check the web inteface http://lightroom.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What's strange is that during iOS beta for 13, the multi-import worked just fine. I had several hundred photos come through. As Adobe updated 'Lightroom for iPad' they totally killed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines