• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally deleted lightroom app - can I restore photos?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I accidentally deleted the lightroom mobile app. I did not have a subscription plan, just the free app. Is there a way to restore my photos/ presets please? 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a paid Lightroom subscription syncs photos to cloud storage, but the free version does not and any photos that exist only inside the free app are removed along with the app when the free app is uninstalled.

Do you have a recent iCloud or iTunes backup of your device?  If you can restore a backup onto your device, that might restore at least some of your photos, which you could access using the help on this page:https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I have an android phone, so no icloud or itunes. However, it is really weird for Adobe to let their users lose all of their photos and presets when accidentally deleting the app or even losing their phone, given that it is mandatory to log in and create an account in order to use the app. I would expect more than that. There should be at least a pop-up warning when first logging-in to back up our files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines