Highlighted

Albums disappeared from Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following issue.

Yesterday I noticed almost all of my albums were missing from the Lightroom CC app on my iPad Pro... the photo's are still available in the 'All Photos' catch-all album, including edits and flags, but the linkage to albums is missing. The be precise: the albums are missing. I created these on the iPad, as I have adopted a 'mobile only' workflow since iOS13. These albums are also missing from lightroom.adobe.com so it is not a sync error... 

I have attached a screenshot from an old phone that was last synced to Lightroom in February and where Lightroom CC was not used since (I started the app in airplane mode to prevent the albums from disappearing). As you can see, the albums (only a short list is visible) are still there. I have also attached a screenshot of lightroom.adobe.com where an almost empty list is seen. I have about 37.000 orphaned photo's in CC... 

Did anyone else have a similar issue? 

The reaction of Adobe support is enlightning: Literally they said: "I understand your frustration but there's nothing that we can do about it if the albums are missing from the cloud."

I have a paid 1TB photography plan for many years, a single Adobe ID and a single AppleID I use the apps with. 

TOPICS
Bug, iOS, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Albums disappeared from Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following issue.

Yesterday I noticed almost all of my albums were missing from the Lightroom CC app on my iPad Pro... the photo's are still available in the 'All Photos' catch-all album, including edits and flags, but the linkage to albums is missing. The be precise: the albums are missing. I created these on the iPad, as I have adopted a 'mobile only' workflow since iOS13. These albums are also missing from lightroom.adobe.com so it is not a sync error... 

I have attached a screenshot from an old phone that was last synced to Lightroom in February and where Lightroom CC was not used since (I started the app in airplane mode to prevent the albums from disappearing). As you can see, the albums (only a short list is visible) are still there. I have also attached a screenshot of lightroom.adobe.com where an almost empty list is seen. I have about 37.000 orphaned photo's in CC... 

Did anyone else have a similar issue? 

The reaction of Adobe support is enlightning: Literally they said: "I understand your frustration but there's nothing that we can do about it if the albums are missing from the cloud."

I have a paid 1TB photography plan for many years, a single Adobe ID and a single AppleID I use the apps with. 

TOPICS
Bug, iOS, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this before but another user seemed to have a similar problem last year:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/dozens-of-albums-disappeared/td-p/10370968?page=1

Which version of Lightroom are you using on the iPad?

Maybe one of the staff members, like Ignacio, Charlie or Guido could pick this up and get you to submit some logs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 'dday_one'

Sorry for the difficulty you have experienced.  I saw your screenshot, and I assume your missing albums are not simply hiding inside the folders I see, "2019" and "2020."  

Are any other Lightroom apps syncing to your same account?  For example, do you also use Lightroom Desktop or Lightroom Classic on a personal computer?  

I will send you a direct message to gather some additional info.  Please look for that shortly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the same thing happened to me and I'm still in shock. I opened my app today and the albums I was organizing and editing just a few days before have all disappeared. I tried doing everything you suggested in the previous posts but not of it worked. I relied on Lightroom to save these photos and don't have them anywhere else. Also spent a good amount of hours organizing the albums. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say I gave up. Adobe support is rubbish. They never called back although the support agent promised I would get a call from a cloud engineer... it seems Adobe does not take customer complaints seriously. They are too big to care. 

I have no clue what happened to me but I have since stopped using Lightroom on the iPad. I have zero trust in Adobes ability to manage my photos as is prooven by the current issues with the latest iOS update. The convenience of cloud does not weigh up to the annoying behavior Adobe displays combined with their complete lack of any feeling of responsibility for their customers' photos.  

Lastly, to me it seems Adobe do not have a clear path forward for a user wanting an integrated iPad / desktop experience without their cloud solution. It just doesn't exist...

Maybe different to you, I did not loose any photos but 'just' the organization of these photos in albums. Still extremely annoying and unexplainable. 

I can only wish you luck and please let me know is/when you've found an alternative to Lightroom on iPad with the convenience of the native iOS photos app with the editing power of Lightroom...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's amazing response they are so sorry.  At the top of the page they mention and issue that arose in 5.4.  Well this is that issue.  Great job Adobe on letting folks know just stellar.  https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/20/21377411/adobe-lightroom-ios-ipados-app-update-pictures-photos-pr...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0