• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All presets and photos missing - Lightroom for mobile

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Lightroom mobile this morning. The app crashed and I reopened the app and all of my edited photos and preset collections are gone. Does anyone know how to fix this? I also logged in online and no photos were there either. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Thank you. This is what I did. I restored my phone from a previous back up and all photos and presets were restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the lost presets and images, could you please let us know did you sync the images to cloud?
Also, do you have a subscription?

Try signing into the app with your Adobe ID.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom mobile and I believe I have the free version. After the app crashed and I opened it back up, it said I had 29 days remaining in my Trial, but I have had the app for about a year, so I don't understand why it says I'm in a trial period. I did not delete and reinstall the app. It just crashed on my iPhone and when I reopened it everything was gone. I don't believe I have a paid subscription for Lightroom. 

I did login with my Adobe ID and everything is still missing. It's almost like my account looks brand new, even though it is not. It says I have 0 photos backed up and 1 TB of cloud storage. It also says I have 0.00 GB of locally stored files. 

I also logged in to my adobe ID online and nothing was there either. Is there any way to restore this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Contacted support and was sent to the community help page. In my case, I switched phones and when I logged in to my account on my new phone, it was as if it was a new account. All my pictures and presets gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your phone from a previous back up if you can. This worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free use accounts do not sync anything to cloud storage and rely on local storage only.  Still, even after an app crash, all your existing photos and presets should still be there.  However, if you reinstalled the app, or install and sign in on another device, your photos and presets will not exist because they were not synced to cloud storage.

If you use iPhone or iPad and back up your device, this help page shows how it may be possible to recover images from your device backup: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is what I did. I restored my phone from a previous back up and all photos and presets were restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also face a similar problem but with Android device. I sign out from my Lightroom mobile, but when I sign in again, all of my photos and presets that I imported before is gone. Why? and How can I recover all of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20200513-011454.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, could you guide me another approach to recover images on Lightroom Mobile? Sadly macOS Monterey no long supports iTunes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kacy3219879966s7 

In newer Mac OS versions, the same iPhone / iPad file browsing moved from the Mac iTunes app to the Mac Finder app.  You can find updated info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210598 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you me guide me step by step to fix the problem?

One day I opened Lightroom Mobile then saw the user account signed out and all photos unexpectedly disappeared. I tried to sign in but nothing showed up. I know everything remains there because the Documents & Data still account for 700.6 MB. (My account is free version. I haven't done anything: no trial, no backup etc)

378100329_152028634626773_830745079815334445_n.jpg373464966_985281252763500_3561222202118550442_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 1.13.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I need your help plss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kacy3219879966s7 

In Mac OS Finder, with your phone plugged in, select that folder inside Lightroom on your phone that is almost 680 MB large.  Then drag and drop that to your desktop, or some specific folder on your computer that you prefer.
Then just browse the contents of the folder once its copied to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then how can I import back to Lightroom Mobile for continuing use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kacy3219879966s7 

Thanks for pinging me again.  I had missed your last couple replies, I think.

In short, you will be able to import your original images again, but Lightroom iOS will not import your presets.  

First, to import your images you need to transfer the images you recovered back to your phone.  If you are using Mac, then you can simplying grab that Originals folder from your recovered Lightroom app cache, and drag and drop that onto your device.  To do that, make sure your device is on and visible in Finder > AirDrop

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 3.01.50 PM.jpg

Regarding recovery and reinstallation of your user presets, Lightroom iOS can not import the XMP files that represent your imported / custom user presets.  I know that the Lightroom Desktop app for Mac or Windows can directly import presets, but there is no free version of that app.  Perhaps a 7-day free trial is available to you, and you could try signing into your same account after starting a trial, and then before you cancel the trial do try importing your presets.  The original presets names are lost, so you will need to rename them.  The only other solution is to contact the vendor that sold you any purchased presets so you can install them as you might have done originally.

Here is where you can find your previously imported user presets:

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 3.01.38 PM.jpg

I hope this helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help guide me step by step to restore these lost photos on Lightroom Mobile. I've tried a bunch of ways but I can't cause my case seems unusual compared to others.

One day, I opened Lightroom Mobile and noticed that my user account had been signed out, and all my photos had disappeared unexpectedly. I attempted to sign back in, but nothing wasRestoring Lost Photos in Lightroom Mobile on iOSrestored. I believe my photos might still be recoverable because the "Documents & Data" section still accounts for 700.6 MB of storage (see attached screenshots).

My account is free version. I haven't used the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*One day, I opened Lightroom Mobile and noticed that my user account had been signed out, and all my photos had disappeared unexpectedly. I attempted to sign back in, but nothing was restored. I believe my photos might still be recoverable because the "Documents & Data" section still accounts for 700.6 MB of storage (see attached screenshots).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines