Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android LR catalog optimizing issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have this problem?

I find that performance on my android LR CC app degrades over time (after lots of image editing/rating, usually take a few months)  to the point that I need to remove and reinstall the LR app to make it "usable" for editing.

By degrade, I mean

1) App startup time (i.e. all image icons appear) increases from 3-5 seconds (on a fresh install) to 3 minutes plus.

2) Loading an editable images details (e.g. exposure and crop details), even when the image is locally stored, takes much longer from a few seconds to about a minute or two.

3) Syncing locally stored images goes from fairly quick (a few images a second) to real slow (one or two minutes per image) and sometime just appearing to freeze.

I do a lot of off-line editing of images, sync'd from the cloud, and usually having about 2K locally stored images on my tablet and about 37K images in all photos. 

I am currently running Lightroom CC Android v4.2.2. on Android 6.0.1 installed on a ASUS P01M tablet. This issues has existed for several prior version of the app.

I do not think this is strictly a hardware or Android issue, but a catalog optimizing issue. Once I reach my frustration point, and I believe all my images have sync'd to the cloud, I uninstalled the Lightroom app, then immediately reinstall it.  Once I allow storage to the SD card, I let the catalog rebuild, which takes about a hour, and then select some albums for local storage. Not the fastest process, but can usually get the files I need downloaded within about 2 hours. The difference in speed and response time is like night and day, with everything almost the same.

Like with the desktop app, can we get a catalog optimizing option on the menu? I am really getting tired of reloading my mobile catalog every few months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to use the Clear Cache button in Settings? (may be worth a try)

You could also post on the following forum, where Adobe engineers monitor: Lightroom Mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip about the cache, but I think I tried that at some point with no luck.

And thanks for the suggestion about where to post so the engineers can see my post. I'm new to posting in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines