• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any plans to speed up Lightroom for Android?

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the recommendations for speeding LR up, but it is still too slow to be useable on my Android devices and any wifi network. In comparison it works great on an iPad and Windows. I see others have the same issue in reviews.

1. Is this a problem Adobe acknowledges?
  2. If so is this a problem Adobe plans to fix?
  3. If not, why not?
  4. Do Android devices need a certain amount of internal storage, or RAM or a certain version of Android? My devices aren't the newest but I see people with more recent flagships complaining. As there is no alternative to LR on Android I am considering moving to a Microsoft Surface because of this, but could switch to another Android device if certain specs improve speed massively. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

I use Lightroom on my Samsung Note 9 (Running Andorid 9) everyday and I have not experienced slowness or lags yet, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're working with? 

Also, what android device and android version are you using?

It would be helpful if you can share the specifications of the Android device as well.

Also, what steps have you already tried to speed up Lightroom're performance?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear that it works fine for you. Sounds like I need to get a newer device. My phone is a Galaxy Note 7 (FE) with plenty of internal storage and it runs Android 9, with 4GB of RAM. App version 4.4.2 (Arm8).

But it is the tablet which I want to use more with LR which is a cheaper model: Galaxy Tab A 2016, 3Gb RAM but can only run Android 8.1 and internal memory is very restricted (I use an SD card but maybe that is still an issue). App version 4.4.2 (Arm7)

I will try on the wife's S9 when she can make some space. If it works on that I will upgrade the tablet to the newer Tab S4,  if I can find any reports of it being fast enough.

I have been through various troubleshooting on this forum (deleting app, deleting cache, changing storage, maybe other things I forgot). Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally upgraded my tablet to the 2019 model. LR is now fast enough, although it May get worse over time.

Now there is a New problem: everytime I download or share a photo LR freezes then restarts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines