• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ProRAW

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried importing apple pro raw DNGs into Lightroom mobile? 
I know the latest update is meant to support them but I find they look completely different once imported. 
I can only assume the apple photos app adds it's own corrections when viewing there which don't apply in Lightroom. Or do you lose the ProRaw advantage by importing them to Lightroom? 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile & Apple TV Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 'tomtom1985'

RAW images have a lot more image data compred to procesesed JPGs, and your thought about Apple doing a little correction before displaying its ProRAW images makes sense because RAW images often look bad without some corrections applied.  

Importing images into Lightroom may display them differently than how Apple chooses to display them, but Lightroom can certaining read Apple "digital negatives" and getting the appearance you want is a matter of applying your preferred settings.

When importing RAW images into Lightroom, the app will apply the RAW profile "Adobe Default" unless you change this to something else in the app Settings > Import > RAW Default Settings > Raw Default.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines