Highlighted

Backup catalog from iPad

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering abandoning my macbook and going iPad-only. I know there are some limitations, but it seems that the iOS version of Lightroom is pretty feature-rich.

One issue that I can't test on my current, older iPad ... can I backup my catalog to an external disk using the USB-C port? I know this is possible from the laptop version.

Thanks!

Norman

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Backup catalog from iPad

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering abandoning my macbook and going iPad-only. I know there are some limitations, but it seems that the iOS version of Lightroom is pretty feature-rich.

One issue that I can't test on my current, older iPad ... can I backup my catalog to an external disk using the USB-C port? I know this is possible from the laptop version.

Thanks!

Norman

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 11, 2020 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't currently possible. 

Yes the Cloud Based Lightroom Desktop (3.2 is the latest I think) allows a back up of your Cloud photos at another location, but the Mobile Apps do not.

Even the Desktop backup isn't really a back up, it just mirrors what's in the cloud, so if you delete a photo there it gets deleted from the back up also. It's main use is for fast access instead of waiting for cloud downloading.

Lightroom Classic has a backup option, but this doesn't back up the actual photos, just the edits etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0