• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better quality than smart preview on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still struggling with how to sync photos between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom mobile.

I use Lightroom Classic for editing my raw photos. After editing I would like to view the photos also on my iPad pro. No need to edit them on the iPad, just viewing. But I want to view them on the iPad in better quality then smart previews. I do a lot of macro photography and viewing those smart previews is not nice because there is missing al lot of details.

What is the best way to set this up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to use Lightroom (Cloud) Desktop and Import them there also. 

This should overwrite the Proxies in the Cloud (obviously using more Storage though) whilst retaining edits.... maybe test one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. What is the easiest way to import the edited photos into Lightroom (cloud) desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom Desktop installed (I think 2.4.1 is the latest release), you use the 'Add Photos' command, if I recall correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to import the full res at http://lightroom.adobe.com also, although I thought for me it may have identified them as duplicates. Worth a go even so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing tests to double check, it only works in Lightroom Cloud Desktop (the Web Interace detects duplicates).

In Lightroom Cloud just Add Photos via the Menu Bar and the Originals will overwrite the Smart Previews in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have tried it and it works as I can see now.

But this means that I have to switch to Lichtoom and leave Lightroom classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not at all. 

Adobe don’t recommend it but some use both  together, albeit it can be quite complex if you are importing into the Cloud Ecosystem via Mobile or into Lightroom Cloud Desktop or Web (in which case any new images will download to the download folder that you set for Cloud photos in Classic’s Preferences).

Carrying on working as you do, syncing your Collections in Classic to the Cloud (Mobile).

Think as Lightroom Desktop as just Lightroom Mobile on a PC/Mac. And just use it to upload any high res that you require to view on the iPad at their full resolution.

You are only using it to swap out Smart Previews in the Cloud with Originals.

Just remember that full res files in the Cloud will eat up your cloud storage.

(Once you have finished with them in the Cloud, there is no way to replace the high res with Smart Previews again, you’d have to delete the photo from the Cloud - the file is left in Classic- and resync if required)

Hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines