Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring back flagging gestures in Lightroom Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please!

I have long applauded Lightroom Mobile as an excellent example of an mobile application that is powerful and yet written and developed specifically for a mobile and touch interface. The gestures were a big part of this. Swiping between images and quickly flicking up and down to flag or reject them was brilliant. It was really easy to do one handed when holding a tablet, or even flicking through images on a phone.

Triage was quicker and more enjoyable lying on the couch with my iPad than sitting in front of my desktop with a huge screen and "full" or "real" Lightroom.

Now you can't flag an image when viewing it full screen. To flag an image you need to hit a rather small touch target.

I am really happy to see additional adjustment options added to the mobile version, such as sharpening, and the ability to edit captions, but please please please bring back the speed flagging and flagging gestures.

The worst thing that could happen is the interfaces between Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom 'Desktop' merge - please keep them separate. The two interface and user experiences need to be built independently for very different use cases and form factors, and the mobile interface has always been brilliant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I have stress injuries in both hands and much easier to swipe on my iPad than moving my arm/hand to touch a small target.  I am hoping this was just an accident.  Obviously usability personnel and research were lacking.  They did this once before and then brought it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I really miss rating photos with the old gestural interface. It felt like I could keep my eyes on the images; now I’m constantly having to look down at the tiny rating stars to select the rating I want. It completely breaks my flow; I’m back to rating photos in my Mac for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your me-too vote and details of why you want the feature back to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom mobile: Restore Speed Review? | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers actively participate in that forum but are rarely seen here (a user-to-user forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring this back. This was a really useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agreed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a stupid change. This needs to come back ASAP. Our mobile "couch culling" productivity has dropped significantly without the swipe gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree. Even if Adobe brings back this feature, I am dissappointed for their totally wrong judgement for eliminating it. It shows that in some point in time, they lost their compass for the usability design of their mobile app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to those who agree! I came Googling because I thought something went wrong with my app and couldn't find the setting!!

I get adding features but why in heavens name would you ever remove this?? Don't like it, don't use it but leave it for us that do! This is the ONLY thing I use LR mobile for. It's so much easier to get allllll the wedding pics in there and do first cull on the go. And LR mobile was the only reason I went CC instead of the perfectly good versions I already owned.

Hitting that little flag takes so much more energy lol. Even on my computer for second and third cull I use keyboard shortcuts.

Ughhhhhhhhhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe just removed the only reason why i used lightroom for ipad. The fast rating with gestures gave me a chance to select my rather large wedding shoots wherever i wanted before being forced to sit at a desktop and reallly work on the selection.

This is a very bad decision and shows that adobe doesnt now how their apps are being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree with author! Current version absolutely sucs without this gestures. It was the only reason to use Lightroom on iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list! I require the Speed Review feature in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree whole hardheartedly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be back now I believe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed review is back and working in version 2.8.2 on iPhone and iPad. Here's a photo of a cat to demonstrate

IMG_0549.PNG

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information! Nice cat lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines