Camera roll import problem

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've recently downloaded latest version (6.1.0) of Lightroom from App Store. I have very weird problem- when I pick option 'Add Photo to All Photos' -> 'From Camera Roll' it automatically loads latest 30-50 photos from my camera roll, selects first available photo and starts 'Edit' mode. I cannot select any photo from my Camera Roll because it happens all the time (video in attachments). Did anyone have similar issue?

There is one more weird thing- all my friends that can use the app without any problems don't have 'Previous','Versions' and 'Reset' buttons after 'Presets' in the bottom of the screen in the 'Edit' mode (photo in attachments).

TOPICS
Bug, Import and share, iOS, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the video You can't see what i click, but when i selected option 'From Camera Roll' i did nothing but waiting- loading spinner showed up and after few secs some photo was in Edit mode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And between 16 and 17 sec of the video You should be able to see that all the photos from camera roll are marked as LR photos. Can someone from support help me with that? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you access the  Camera Roll -picker via All-Photos-view and then single-tab a photo/video, Lr tries to open up the asset directly within Lr Edit view and in case that the video is e.g. stored on iCloud  and not yet locally on your device this can take a while. Do you see the same issue when you select the video/photo and confirm via the Add-button to import the photo first.  Hope this helps. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I know what You mean by Add-button. What happens now is when I select Add Photos and pick the From Camera Roll option it opens up the Camera-Roll view, shows some loading button and after some time automatically selects some random photo. I don't click anything after selecting "From Camera Roll" option. And when it selects some random photo I go back to the All Photos and around 30-50 latest photos are uploaded there.

Here is video that has my touches marked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hL4UMzDvs&feature=youtu.be

As You can see- I don't select anything from camera roll.

Can You help me solve this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all auto imports turned off. I also switched account to the one without free trial, to I don't have backup and sync options (cloud on the top is crossed out with blue dot on it).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Are these single-iOS camera shots created on the same device? hope to get a clue about your issue soon - Guido

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Each one is created on the same device. I don't know if it is important, but my and my friends we all have different models of iPhone. Mine is 11. We also tried launching app on 7, Xr and 11 pro. And only on mine 11 if doesn't work. Each device has latest ios installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition have you tried to restart your device to see if that makes a difference and btw is your device created from a previous iOS backup (with Lr included)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to restart it several times. First time I've installed Lr was last Friday. Today I also restored my phone from backup (reset everything and restore, together with Lr this time) and it also didn't help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on iOS14.3 or 14.2 with your device?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And turns out my friends are on 14.3(11 pro) and also 14.2 (Xr). On Xr LR is still working correctly after update to 14.3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/vUWqUDnvwUk Here is video with marked touches- previous has been deleted from YT for some reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, and again... Sorry. 

https://streamable.com/cpc5tz 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greule are there any updates or chances for fixing this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you open up the iOS photos app, do you have any issues there? E.g that photos needs to be downloaded etc. In addition what happens when you switch within Lr via the top dropdown from the Camera Roll entry to a different album. Does this make a difference? And do you have lots of these photos listed under the lr-trash? still trying to figure out your case. - Guido

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cloud configured for my photos, but so do my friends. When I switch within Lr via the top dropdown from camera roll to f.eg. favorites, the same thing happens. Loading spinner shows up, random photo is selected and goes to the edit mode, and after I go back to the All Photos I can see that there are added new photos from albums I was selecting via dropdown. 

If by lr-trash You mean Lr icon on each photo displayed when I try to select something from the Album- each photo is marked as Lr. But not the first time. It goes like this:

I have empty All Photos list, I try to add some photos from camera roll/any other album, spinner shows up (but photos are not marked as Lr on the screen), random photo is selected and goes to edit mode and around 30-50 photos from selected album are loaded to All Photos (all sync features are turned off). After I try to add photo again from the album that has already been partially loaded to All Photos the same happens, but in this case all the photos (thumbnails) are now marked with Lr sign on each.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have iOS Family Sharing enabled or are you a member of such a group? just trying to understand the iOS setup which you are using with your friends?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Neither me nor my friends have Family Sharing enabled. We use basic, 50GB cloud plan. We also have Optimize iPhone Storage option enabled. I've tried to find differences between photos(gallery) and storage setup on our devices, but I couldn't find any. The only difference (as far as I managed to find) is iPhone model...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greule any updates? 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you guys all use the same apple-id? ...in addtion do you have a different IOS device where you see the same issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, we all use different apple-id. And also- I couldn't reproduce this issue on any other device.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Kacper5CD2 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greule funny thing- I found quite easy workaround. I've simply created new album and in this album I can add photos from camera roll- nothing is preselected automatically, nothing goes randomly to edit mode and no photos are loaded to the album. It's weird, but it works.

Now I use All photos album only for browsing all photos that are imported to the app. If I want to add some new photo from camera roll I just use this new album I've created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines