Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera to Lightroom mobile to Google Photos = low resolution iOS

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help. 
From my Sony Camera, I'm importing full sized JPG images to Lightroom mobile, editing them and saving to IOS camera roll at maximum. From there I'm then uploading to Google Photos using the "high quality" setting, which is not maintaining the original size. I'm ending up with tiny files with a max size of 200kb, which started as a 4 or 5mb original off the camera. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. My understanding was that uploading to Google Photos wouldn't change the size that drastically. At some point in the chain, I must be compressing this file to hell. Hope someone can help me.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jody,

Could you check the file size after exporting an image out of Lightroom and then check the file size again after uploading the same image on Google Photos and let us know when does it change from the original image size?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here’s how everything went wrong..a default setting in Sony’s export app...so, problem solved!

36CC124D-C05A-4090-A902-28A3C6B4F852.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines