Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't access the camera from Lightroom Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have Lightroom mobile on my new Iphone XS max, and can see my camera roll but am unable to take a photo. When I hit the camera icon, it asks for permission to see the camera roll, and stops there. The camera icon doesn't work... help?

Alison

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear that you're not able to access the camera in Lightroom on your iPhone, have you tried reinstalling the app and see if that helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me on both my iPad Por and iPhone 7. When I tap the camera icon in LR mobile nothing happens except for the following message that appears transiently onscreen: “Allow access to Camera Roll.” And yes, i’m sure it’s the camera icon that i’m tapping. This behavior just began today after using the camera in LR Mobile successfully for many months. Reboots of iPad and iPhone had no effect. i don’t want to delete the LR Mobile app and reinstall it, as I fear I will lose photos. Recently updated iOS to 12.1. LR Mobile on both devices is up to date. I have a Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the issue? I’m running freshly update LR CC Mobile 4.0.0 on iPhone X, iOS 12.1, and I’m not seeing this. Also not seeing it on my iPad Pro running LR 4.0.0 and iOS 12.0.1 (haven’t yet updated to 12.1).

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I bit the bullet and have already deleted LR CC Mobile from both devices and then reinstalled it. The problem disappeared; LR behavior is now back to normal. Fortunately, I lost no photos in the process. Seems like there is a LR CC Mobile bug in the latest release, but apparently not one that affects all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Go to setting iPhone > lightroom> click photo > read and create

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too all of a sudden the light room changed I can't see the camera icon and can't use the app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines