Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't import cr2 files into lightroom cc mobile

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 22.26.54.pngHi all,

I'm struggling to import Cr2 files into Lightroom cc mobile on Chromebook. as far as I can tell it should work. I'm running Lightroom CC android V3.1 and I'm trying to import photos from a Canon EOS 450d. I understand it might work if I converted them to DNG although I can't find any software to do this on chrome.

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work in your browser if you log-in to your Lr web app

Then go to All Photos and choose Add Photos

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried importing the files into the web app, although it still produced an error with each of the photos. I'm fairly sure it's to do with the file type rather than Lightroom, although any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2017-10-28 at 23.10.39.png

Cheers,

Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EOS Digital Rebel XSi (EOS 450D, EOS Kiss Digital X2) is an old camera that should be supported. Are they full raw or compressed raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Looking at the manual, the camera records "14-bit canon original" cr2 files. I'm still fairly new to photography and this doesn't mean much to me. I've started the Lightroom desktop trial and I'm able to import images no problem on my windows desktop, although I'd really like to get it working on chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines