• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t import Images from whatsapp

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a week I can’t import images that are send to me using WhatsApp. All other images are no problem... How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

It should have been fixed in last week's release across the mobile and desktop platforms. Are you continuing to have issues? If so, which software and which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on elements 15 windows 10. the file imports but doesn't show, this only happens for received WhatsApp pictures, I can open the pictures fine in paint but I have that many it is not feasible.

Elements Organizer 15.0.0.0

Core Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Language Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

System:

Operating System Name: Windows 10

Operating System Version: 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I' am using Photoshop Elements 2019 and have the same import problems from whatsapp pictures (pc version - latest). In the past I did not have any problems with the import of whatsapp photos.

Other freeware picture viewer programs (XnView, XnView MP) do not have any problems! Why does Photoshop Elements has them???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the best and fastest solution for now for JPEG files downloaded from WHATSAPP. 
1. Upload all jpeg files to zamzar.com (do in 1 bulk).
2. Choose 'convert to PNG'.
3. Click DOWNLOAD.. then OPEN to Photoshop. DONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times users face this trouble that they are unable to import any images from WhatsApp and it seems very irritating. No worries because here we will suggest you a simple trick to do it but if you need to know more about how exactly WhatsApp work then you can go for the link https://toolbox.iskysoft.com/topic/whatsapp-transfer.html.

Solution: Manually Download Messages and pictures from WhatsApp: (For iPhone through email). As initial step just open the WhatsApp app and choose the option of Settings, pick Email Conversation from the options and select the WhatsApp conversations that you need to download including pictures. You have 2 options, either you select to attach the media files or direct the chat history without the media files; select any one from the both. At the end send the certain WhatsApp chats that you need to have access to your email successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s simple on my iPhone

-From the What’s App message click on the photo

-Click the share button

-Click save

You will find the photo in the Apple Photos app and in iCloud if enabled.

Share to Lightroom from the photos App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 year past from original message but still have same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually found the solution, you can use all image editor except Photoshop. We used Paint and others they are working perfect. Cos i don't have hope anymore they can't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows, you can open in paint and save as. That would solve the missing files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What works for me is uploading the files to a cloud image optimizing service like tinypng.com that converts the image(s) into .png and gets rid of the buggy whatsapp jpeg extension. It's a bit of a workaround, but because tinypng has a batch processing option, i can process many images at once (up to 20 in the free version) rather than using the microsoft paint solution that only lets you save one file at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do most most time when i need to get the job delivered fast is to open the images on my screen, snapshot, then save as tiff or jpg and it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue to me, I have elements organizer . If I save first with another editor then it works but by now I have hundreds whatsapp pics to be re-saved, and this is very annoying.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy to fix the problem.   All you have to do is use a online image converter.   https://jpg2png.com/    turn them into png and problem solved.    Your Welcome Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to go to your phone and switch to performance mode , after that to go to your documents ( where you can find everything ) , now the pc recognise the photos and u can do whatever u want. GL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I use Lightroom 6.14 with perpetual license and I have the same problem.
The problem is that WhatsApp saves images in .jpeg format and Lightroom only accepts images in .jpg format.
The only way I have managed to solve the problem is the following:
1.- Open Adobe Bridge and look for the folder where the WhatsApp images are.
2.- Select all the images with the keys Ctrl + A
3.- Open the images in Camera Raw, with the keys Ctrl + R
4.- Select again all the images with Ctrl + A
5.- Save all the images with the Ctrl + S option
Here you have to configure the saving options:
Destination: Save in the same location
Extension: .jpg
Format: JPEG
Quality: 10. Maximum
6.- Click on Accept or on the Save button.
New images, converted with Adobe Bridge, can now be imported into Lightroom without any hassle.

With this method, hundreds of images can be saved at one time.

Operation performed with Adobe Bridge CS5.

-------------------------

Hola
Yo uso Lightroom 6.14 con licencia perpetua y tengo el mismo problema.

El problema es que Whatsapp guarda las imagenes en formato .jpeg y Lightroom solo acepta imagenes en formato .jpg.

La única forma como yo he conseguido resolver el problema, es la siguiente:

1.- Abrir Adobe Bridge y buscar la carpeta donde están las imagenes de WhatsApp.
2.- Seleccionar todas las imagenes con las teclas Ctrl+A
3.- Abrir las imagenes en Camera Raw, con las teclas Ctrl+R
4.- Seleccionar nuevamente todas las imagenes con Ctrl+A
5.- Guardar todas las imágenes con la opción Ctrl+S
Aquí hay que configurar las opciones de guardado:
Destino: Guardar en la misma ubicacion
Extensión: .jpg
Formato: JPEG
Calidad: 10. Máxima
6.- Pulsar en Aceptar o en el botón Guardar.

Las nuevas imágenes, convertidas con Adobe Bridge, ya se pueden importar a Lightroom sin problemas.

Con este método se pueden guardar cientos de imágenes en una sola vez.
Operación realizada con Adobe Bridge CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the correct answer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Adobe Bridge solution, and it works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if we uese whatsapp omar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the issue today, images taken on iPhone using Whatsapp won't open in Photoshop 2021. If I open the image in preview & export as .png file, then I can open with photoshop, & edit like normal & then save as .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an open source tool for Windows and MacOS, to fix broken jpeg files. You can check and download it here: https://github.com/cdefgah/whatsapp-jpeg-repair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.
Very good !! Bravo !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why cannot Adobe keep to standards as all othe image processing software shacks do (just a rhetoric question, I know)?

If you know the files in charge you can use the command line and ImageMagick tools:

convert image.jpg -resize 100% outfile.jpg && mv outfile.jpg image.jpg

Yes, ImageMagick is also available for Windows, see https://imagemagick.org/script/download.php.

A problem is to find out, which of the WhatsApp images received are "broken". Not all are. Probably a "broken" image from some WhatsApp sender has some other understanding in SOFn, DQT or DHT file segments as Adobe does. It would take a lot of investigation in JFIFF formats to find out what breaks Adobe software. Though IMHO Adobe should have performed such investigations, already, as the posts here suggest that there sometimes was a software version from Adobe without this anoying bug..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it definitely works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works. And I am open to new feature requests 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until now, all adobe software not support any image from whatsapp web (jpeg).

I don't know why.

All adobe software.

The solution is just reconvert that jpeg image using any image converter.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines