I've successfully been importing files from my canon 5D Mark III to Lightroom mobile on iOS. I was out with my canon 5Ds and have never really had the need to import images from it to my iPhone before. However I tried to do so this time but no image files are shown. Tried with a single SD card, a single CF card and both.
Back home my Mac sees the files and they can be imported to lightroom and then they are synced to my iPhone. The files on the 5Ds are the same format as the 5Dmk3 (CR2) but are about double the size.
Have anybody else experienced this?
Bug, Import and share, iOS, Problem or error, Sync
I apologize for the slow reply. Thank you for reporting the issue. We are investigating.
I have a few questions:
1. What device model and iOS version are you using? If an iOS update is available, does updating help?
2. Is the iOS Photos app able to see/browse/import the same photos from your device?
3. It sounds like you are plugging your camera directly into your iOS device. This type of connection is sometimes called PTP, and depending on the device the link can sometimes respond slowly. Does simply waiting a while allow the images to display ini Lightroom's importer?
4. If you have a card reader, can you try reading the images from your card reader instead?
1. I'm currently using a iPhone 11 Pro and its the latest iOS version (iOS 13.3.1)
2. Did a test in iOS Photos and this did not work either
3. The camera does not have this feature as far as I can tell
4. I do not have a card reader for my iPhone unfortunately.
I do have a follow-up here.
I formated the cards and put one card into the camera. Now the iOS unit loads up the images on the camera. Once I put in both cards (set to duplicate mode) the iOS unit will not show any images. This is the same in both Lightroom and iOS Photos. So my guess is that the phone does not understand what the double card protocol is.
I have passed along your great feedback to the developers in hope there's something we can do to improve the Lightroom experience, especially with the double-card setup you mentioned.
Regarding the single card read improvement you discovered, I myself have had to format my own SD card using my camera, vs trying to format on a computer and manually recreate the DCIM folder structures on the memory card. Generally, if the iOS Photos app can read your card, so can Lightroom. I'm glad you found that letting the camera format your SD card before using for image capture helped.