• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cause for Lr CC Web "Error rendering file"?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I used Lr CC Mobile (iPad Pro and iPhone) for my RAW photo workflow on a recent trip to Africa. Over two weeks, I shot ~1,400 RAW images, which I imported to Lr CC Mobile via the iOS Photos app and Apple's Lightning SD Card Reader. Imports were done in batches every couple days. I also culled unwanted images and applied edits using the iPad during this time. My Internet connectivity was SLOW, so Lr CC wasn't able to upload any of my RAW images to the cloud. I ultimately paused syncing and left it that way until I returned home. Last night, I reactivated syncing, and my 579 photos synced. No problems were reported.

Today, I loaded up my gallery in Lr CC Web, and a number of my photos don't display.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.11.18 PM.png

When I click on one of the blank thumbnails, I get a blank image and an error of "Error rendering file '[filename]'. Added on [date]."

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.28.36 PM.png

Interestingly enough, the very cool Best Photos feature has no problem picking these images, so something is there.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.12.15 PM.png

I don't have my iPad with me at work, but I thought I'd post this now, in case anyone has suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

-Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We made a change intended to avoid showing skewed photos after edit in cases of crops/rotates, but it looks like there were some unintended consequences. Once we've backed out this change I'll post another update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too today. I will raise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We made a change intended to avoid showing skewed photos after edit in cases of crops/rotates, but it looks like there were some unintended consequences. Once we've backed out this change I'll post another update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Will this be fixed soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a go now, seems okay for me. Alex has said on the other thread that they have rolled back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed, indeed! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks good!  Thank you for fixing this.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines