• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Custom sort order not synced from Ecosystem to Apple TV

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several collections in Lightroom Classic on my desktop computer that are sorted in a custom order and sync to Lightroom Mobile. The order displays correctly in LR Mobile app on both my iPhone and iPad. But when I want to view the pictures on the LR app on apple tv, the sort order is not correct, even when i select "custom" on TV screen option next to the photos,

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
tvOS: Apple TV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Are you able to reproduce this issue on the update that was recently released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Using LR for Apple TV v.1.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

Sorry for the delayed response.  Just so I'm clear, you still see the wrong sort order even if you choose the Custom sort option as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/view-lightroom-photos-collections-apple-tv.html#sort-filter ?

(The option is listed in the Sort Order button with 3 lines)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. I chose “custom” from the menu you mention. On the Apple TV the pictures are mostly in the correct order (as I defined it on my desktop Classic CC) but a few are out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - Am seeing the same.  Have a custom order for a collection (or Album)  and the order is pretty random.  Just want it to show what I see on my main machine in the same order.

Makes the tool redundant for client viewing sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "solution" I can come up with is to adjust date and/or time on the photos to match the order I want, then choose "oldest first" or "newest first." This may be better than nothing but it's hardly satisfactory, and doesn't address the original problem. It would be helpful to know if this is an Adobe issue or an Apple issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie D. sorry I never replied to this. I kind of gave up on it working and don't think I ever knew you had replied. This weekend, I installed the new LR app for Apple TV and I'm still having the same problem Nicholas is having below. Mostly the custom order works but there are a few photos--maybe 10-15 out of a collection of 350--that are gouped together at the end without rhyme or reason. I was hoping the new app would fix the problem but alas, not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'rickd93422'

I'll make sure the engineering team is aware that this isn't nail down yet.  

For the images that appear as a group, is there anything about them that distibguishes them from other images?  For examle, are they scanned images vs camera images?  Or has the metadata been modified in some way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem.  Some of the issues of the custom sort order on Apple TV may be related to file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response; for some reason, I'm not getting e-mail notifications of postings in this thread. I can't see anything that distinguishes the images. All (340 images) were imported into Lightroom and processed there. All are in the same collection set in Lightroom Classic and the custom sort order is fine when I look at the photos on my Mac Mini and iPad. It just seems to be the Apple TV that the custom sort order is having problems with.

I have reprocessed (tweaked) some of the photos after they were put into the collection, and for what it's worth--maybe nothing--there are four different cameras in the collection set: two iPhones, a Canon 5D IV, and a Canon 1DX Mark II. Also, the custom sort error are not all at the end now. Some pictures in the middle of the set are out of order as well. 

I hope this helps, I'll continue to monitor this thread and let me know if you have questions.

Rick Derevan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with between LR Classic and Apple TV. The main reason for upgrading my old Apple TV was the LR app and the ability for custom order slide show.

Any progress in a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional info: using the LR app on both Android and iPhone, the custom order is correct.

Unfortunately the Android LR app does not implement chrome cast support. 

The only work around solution is to screen share the mobile phone to Apple TV (or chrome cast), but I would like to be able to use the AppleTV LR app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sort order issue has been reported to the dev staff, but I am not able to predict when a fix will be ready and released.  Your feedback here is valuable as it helps the team see your needs.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

It's great to hear that you guys are looking into this. The custom order for a collection in Lightroom classic on my desktop is shown in reverse order on my Ipad. To be specific: I have a certain order on my desktop (custom) and furthermore the 'z->a' button is activated. I think the problem is in this button because that option isn't available in the mobile version. So whatever option (a-z or z-a) I choose on the desktop, the order stays the same on mobile.

It is practically impossible to reverse the order on my desktop by hand (or is there a trick I don't know of?) because it is a very large collection. If this would be possible I wouldn't.t have the problem anymore. The collections I made with the button set to a-z show up in the correct order. 
Hope you can help, cheers,

Peter

(desktop: MacOS Mojave, IPad Pro: latest Os and Lightroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.  Custom Sort is not synched on Apple TV. This is critical. Apple Tv is a great tool to present images in high resolution. It is useless if sorting is randow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.  Custom Sort is not synched on Apple TV. This is critical. Apple Tv is a great tool to present images in high resolution. It is useless if sorting is random

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom Sort is not synched on Apple TV.  Custom sorting in Lightroom Classic is syched with mobile applications but not on Lightroom on Apple TV. This is critical. Apple TV is a great tool to present images in high resolution. It is useless if sorting is random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for Apple TV has its own sort order, but you can change it to customer order and it will use the custom sorting assigned on the desktop Lightroom or Lightroom Classic app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/view-lightroom-photos-collections-apple-tv.html#sort-filt...

Can you check this and verify that your Apple TV app is set to "Custom Order"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course. Even if you click again on Custom Order the syching is not happening. Additional problem: if you try ti fix this  changing sorting order by date and back to Custom Order, the " Custom Order" button desappair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you click again and again Custom Order the syching is not happening. Additional problem: if you try to fix this  changing sorting order by date and back to Custom Order, the " Custom Order" button is not there anymore 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with Sort Order on the Lightroom app for Apple TV.  I do not know when a fix will be scheduled and released, but a bug remains open tracking the issue.  This is also mentioned in the other thread where you posted, https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-for-mobile-apple-tv/custom-sort-order-in-lr-mobile-not-work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they still not fixed this? I have a client having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syill not working. June 2022.This is not acceptable. Bug reported 4 years ago and not fixed yet. Really embarassing for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sitll not working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. June 2022.This is not acceptable. Bug reported 4 years ago and not fixed yet. Really embarassing for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate