Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete photos from Lightroom Mobile, but not desktop catalogue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Lightroom Mobile to shoot RAW photo and edit them on the go, and then directly upload them to my desktop Lightroom Collection when I do not have my camera with me. It uploads the whole file, not just a smart preview, so once I have the photo on my computer, how can I delete the original file from the phone without removing it from the catalogue and the computer?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

This is what's backward about LRM - you soon end up with 20GB of photos that are, seemingly, inextricably tied to what you do on your phone.

I use DropSync to copy the raw files to my Dropbox account, so the originals are safe.  However, the edits aren't.  Even when editing LRM photos on the desktop (in the sync'd collection) you can't export the XMP sidecars.  Even Snapseed stores the XMP as a sidecar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's backward about LRM - you soon end up with 20GB of photos that are, seemingly, inextricably tied to what you do on your phone.

I use DropSync to copy the raw files to my Dropbox account, so the originals are safe.  However, the edits aren't.  Even when editing LRM photos on the desktop (in the sync'd collection) you can't export the XMP sidecars.  Even Snapseed stores the XMP as a sidecar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could always move them to a different collection on the desktop. That's a what i do.

once i have the edits and raw file transferred to my LR decktop i just move them out of the default iPad Pro collection i have.

Not ideal but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines