• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting images from LR CC for iPad before syncing.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed LR CC for iPad. Can anyone suggest a workflow where I can do some basic editing on my iPad with special focus on deleting unwanted images before syncing to my iMac. The basic premise is to do a lot of the donkey work on images whilst away from home so that on my return I need only have images hat may require further processing in PS.

It would appear from my initial research that you can delete folders but not individual images, is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Think of the Lightroom Cloud as one big bucket (All Photos) which contains your whole Library. Around this you create Albums that you populate with photos of your choice. Photos assigned to an Album will not be the actual photo, but will take the form of an alias linked to ‘All Photos’.

You can delete individual (or multiple) images from either All Photos or within an Album.

Deleting an Album, deletes the Album ‘holder’ and the aliases but NOT the photos as these remain in your All Photos Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think of the Lightroom Cloud as one big bucket (All Photos) which contains your whole Library. Around this you create Albums that you populate with photos of your choice. Photos assigned to an Album will not be the actual photo, but will take the form of an alias linked to ‘All Photos’.

You can delete individual (or multiple) images from either All Photos or within an Album.

Deleting an Album, deletes the Album ‘holder’ and the aliases but NOT the photos as these remain in your All Photos Library.

Regarding syncing only the photos you want, your best option would probably be to pause syncing (under the cloud icon), import, cull, delete, turn on sync.

Or cull in the native photo application before import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines