Highlighted

Deleting Lightroom Mobile for IOS

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Lightroom which I use on my IMAC. I also installed the LR app on my iphone. I can't install an update from Apple for IOS because I have no storage left of 64GB I have. The Lightroom app is already using 20GB of that so I want to delete it. If I delete the app with associated data will the photos get deleted from my cloud as well? I still want to use it on my desktop. Thanks

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting Lightroom Mobile for IOS

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Lightroom which I use on my IMAC. I also installed the LR app on my iphone. I can't install an update from Apple for IOS because I have no storage left of 64GB I have. The Lightroom app is already using 20GB of that so I want to delete it. If I delete the app with associated data will the photos get deleted from my cloud as well? I still want to use it on my desktop. Thanks

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't delete photos that are in the Cloud BUT it will delete any photos that have not uploaded to the Cloud from your Lightroom  yet.

Before deleting the app, it's best to go to the setting within the app (via the ellipsis) and in Local Storage, Clear Cache.

This should clear some space and replace originals on your device that you have accessed/recently imported with lower res Smart Previews and Thumbnails.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks selondon,

I am very nervouse about deleting the LR app. I tried deleting a couple of photos in the app and sure enough they get deleted from my cloud account. I also tried unsyncing the app and my desktop. I was able to delete some images without them being deleted from the cloud but as soon as I resynced the app the deleted images showed up in the Deleted Folder. The way all these photo apps grab all your photos from your phone drives me nuts. You end up with copies everywhere. 

I did clear the cache as you acvised and the Smart Previews switch was already toggled on. One of my biggest questions is why LR takes over 20GB of storage on my phone if it is all in the cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

In your original post you mentioned cloud storage, do you have a subscription that includes this?

(Apologies, assumed you did)

If you only have the free app the deleting the app will delete all the photos also.

If you do have Cloud Storage then deleting photos from the app will delete them from the Cloud also but as long as everything is fully synced, then deleting the app to clear the local cache will not delete the photos from the cloud which will resync down to the app when it's reinstalled.

Clear Cache should work though unless you have Albums stored locally or the photos have recently been imported and not synced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do have a subscription that I just started in August. I only edit photos
on my imac but thought having the app on my phone would be a good idea.
Little did I know it would take up so much memory. I don't feel like buying
a new iphone now either.

I deleted a bunch of other apps off my phone to free up some space. I still
don't understand why LR is taking up over 20GB on my phone if it is a cloud
based app like the desktop version.

I'm thinking of unsyncing the app and then deleting it. If it's not
connected to my cloud account maybe the photos parked there will be fine. I
have no intention of reinstalling it on my phone.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all the photos in on the phone mirror what you see at http://lightroom.adobe.com/ and in Lightroom on the iMac? I assume you have the subscription that includes 1TB of Cloud Storage? Also how many Cloud Storage have you used up? 
As an example I am using about 160gb of my Cloud Storage and Lightroom on my iPhone uses around 3gb.

Are you viewing the amount the app is taking up via the iOS Settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all the photos are the same on both the phone and the imac. The
website also has the album titles from iphoto but I deleted those photos so
the albums are empty.

Yes I have the 1TB plan and I've used about 42GB of that.

Yes I am looking at "iphone storage" in General Settings. Lightroom app on
my phone is using 20.7GB. I never would have even looked at that setting
had I not tried to run the latest IOS update the other night only to get an
error message that I didn';t have enough storage available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0