• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos from Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always upload my photos to Lightroom, on the computer (is that classic, i forget) , then add this as a collection.  If I need to edit while I'm away I then sync the collection folder to Lightroom mobile and edit the photos on my iPad, then re sync once I'm back at my desk.   I turn off the syncs to the folders, so that I only have a couple on LR mobile at any one time but my All Photos in the app on my iPad shows 11500 photos. Does it keep a copy of every photo ever added? I'm a bit confused!  I'm assuming I can delete them all as the photos are actually all saved and backed up on my computer.  So, can I delete these and why are they there?  LR blows my mind so I need simple answers please 🙂 Thank you so much 😃😃😃

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always upload my photos to Lightroom, on the computer (is that classic, i forget) , then add this as a collection.  If I need to edit while I'm away I then sync the collection folder to Lightroom mobile and edit the photos on my iPad, then re sync once I'm back at my desk.   I turn off the syncs to the folders, so that I only have a couple on LR mobile at any one time but my All Photos in the app on my iPad shows 11500 photos. Does it keep a copy of every photo ever added? I'm a bit confused!  I'm assuming I can delete them all as the photos are actually all saved and backed up on my computer.  So, can I delete these and why are they there?  LR blows my mind so I need simple answers please 🙂

Having just looked at the photos, there also seems to be hundreds from my iPad too, if i delete them will the be removed from the iPad library too or just LR mobile?  Thank you so much 😃😃😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarifty which version of Lightroom you are using on the computer? There are two current version, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. It's important to know the exact version so that we can provide accurate answers to your questions, as they can deal with synced images in a different way. It sounds as thouigh you are using Lightroom Classic, but we need to be certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thanks for your help. It’s Lightroom classic that au have.

Thanks
Claire
--
Claire Wilders
Photographer
Family | Headshots | Newborn | Property | Maternity | Wedding

clairewildersphotography@gmail.com

www.clairewildersphotography.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for the response.

So, you're using Classic to sync collections to the cloud. When you subsequently unsync a collection all that happens is the corresponding album in the cloud is deleted.....but the images that the collection contained remain synced (there is a warning message explaining that in Classic whenever you unsync a collection, but you may have previously checked the "Don't Show Again" box). Note that an image does have to be in any album to be in the cloud.....all synced images will show in All Photos in any of the cloud apps regardless of whether they're in an album or not.

All Photos in the cloud apps corresponds to the All Synced Photographs special collection in Classic, and if you want to remove the images from the cloud after you unsync the collection, select all the images in the collection and then (with all those images still selected) click on the All Synced Photographs collection, right-click on any one of the selected photos and click on "Remove from All Synced Photographs" in the sub-menu that appears after the right-click.

It also sounds as though you have images in the cloud which originated on your iPad. Any image that you add to Lr Mobile will automatically upload to the cloud, and from there it will then download into Classic. If you aren't specifically importing the iPad images into Lr Mobile, check the Lr Mobile settings (Import tab) to make sure you haven't inadvertently enabled the "Auto Add from Camera Roll" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines