I usually sync my presets to my phone via Lightroom CC on my mac. I recently noticed that there are tones of duplicates on my phone.
I removed all presets from my Lightroom CC on my mac and it also deleted (most) form my phone.
However, there are about 3k presets in the "User Presets" folder stuck. They are not visible on my Mac (not even when going into "Manage Prests"). They are only visible on my iPhone 7 Plus in Lightroom Mobile.
I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. The presets started synchronizing again - now they are all back.
Deleting them one by one is frankly impossible. It's just too many and that would take forever.
Is there a way to reset the Lightroom CC & Mobile Preset folder? Remove all these residual presets that seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle?
Thank you for that idea. I did not get the difference between those forums.
However, I think I have figured it out. Going to lightroom.adobe.com I was able to delete the whole library and start over.
Yeah these forums are mainly User to User, whilst photoshop.com is monitored by Adobe tech staff also.
The solution for me was the following:
Make sure that you have all the photos stored somewhere else before you do this. But by doing this I was able to reset the Presets that are stored on my mobile devices. All of them.
Now I can start from scratch with a clean library. Yes!
when you mention tons of duplicates - do you mean that groups were duplicated or that you could see preset names that were exactly the same next to each other?
Where the duplicates only visible on the phone?
Do you know what kind of preset the duplicates where?
Did the duplicates show in the latest version of the mobile app or also in earlier versions?
We did fix some issues with presets in the latest version, so that's why I'm asking.
I no longer have the duplicate problem but I fixed it by doing the steps in the above mentioned "correct" answer (resetting the entire Lightroom Mobile Library).
What had happened before:
I synced Lightroom CC presets. On the phone there were two problems:
1) About 3000 Presets ended up in the "User Presets" folder (which was empty on the Lightroom CC on my Mac).
2) Other presets got duplicated inside groups. So presets had the same name as others and were way too many. Loading times were significant. That's why I chose to delete and reset the library.
All those duplicates were only visible on the phone.
It's great to hear that there are updates coming and things being fixed. Having the ability to sync presets and profiles is huge! I love it. Looking forward to more and better organizational tools though.
I just had to go through the same thing. Contacted Adobe after days of trying to figure this out. They gave me a tool to download my photos and then I had to delete everything through the account. It cleared out. I uploaded again, but noticed that some of my XMPs files were not downloaded through the automated tool, so I lost the edits on some of my work.