• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Depth Map Support Technology Preview not on iPhone XS Max?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone X I can activate the Technology Preview feature "Depth Map Support" in the Settings.

On my iPhone XS (Max) this feature is missing, only the "Long Exposure" feature is available.

Both iPhones are on the same iOS version (12.0) and the same Lightroom CC mobile version (3.4.0 F59BE2).

Why is that? Isn't the XS (Max) a "superset" of the X?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

These devices are new.  We’re looking into extending support in a future app release.

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on iPhone XR.
When is the update planned to be released?
Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan

Though the XR's native camera can simulate depth effect to some extent, Lightroom iOS requires dual lens devices for the Depth Map Support Technology Preview to work. 

This and other related info can be found at: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/capture-photos-mobile-ios.html#depth-capture-mode​

Hope this helps clarify requirements.

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... Just received new iPhone 12 Pro Max and installed Lightroom Mobile... There is no Technology Preview at all in Settings... was able to access in iPhone 11 Max.  

Please advise...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi teglow

We're working on enabling support in our next app update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there news about Lr mobile camera long exposure being available on older iPhones ? I have the 7plus.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the long Exposure and Depth options on my iPhone 7 Plus but without having Depth Map in the selective edits on the Lr mobile on my iPad I can only use the depth map to adjust the background for exposure or sharpness using the iPhone and not the iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@philipf52326415 

The Lightroom photos with depth map you can capture on your iPhone are only able to have their depth map edited on the same device.  It's a limitation of the experimental state of the feature, and if you would like the engineering team know your wishes, please repost at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines