Highlighted

Depth Map Support Technology Preview not on iPhone XS Max?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone X I can activate the Technology Preview feature "Depth Map Support" in the Settings.

On my iPhone XS (Max) this feature is missing, only the "Long Exposure" feature is available.

Both iPhones are on the same iOS version (12.0) and the same Lightroom CC mobile version (3.4.0 F59BE2).

Why is that? Isn't the XS (Max) a "superset" of the X?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Depth Map Support Technology Preview not on iPhone XS Max?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone X I can activate the Technology Preview feature "Depth Map Support" in the Settings.

On my iPhone XS (Max) this feature is missing, only the "Long Exposure" feature is available.

Both iPhones are on the same iOS version (12.0) and the same Lightroom CC mobile version (3.4.0 F59BE2).

Why is that? Isn't the XS (Max) a "superset" of the X?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

These devices are new.  We’re looking into extending support in a future app release.

Thanks,

Charlie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on iPhone XR.
When is the update planned to be released?
Johan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan

Though the XR's native camera can simulate depth effect to some extent, Lightroom iOS requires dual lens devices for the Depth Map Support Technology Preview to work. 

This and other related info can be found at: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/capture-photos-mobile-ios.html#depth-capture-mode

Hope this helps clarify requirements.

--Charlie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines