Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between Album and Folder?

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Very basic question. Sorry if it's too basic ☺️

What is the difference between an Album and a Folder? Is an Album the same as a Collection?

I have LR on my iMac but I haven't used it for a while. I just want to organize my iPhone photos in LR Mobile on my phone and iPad.

Thanks    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

I just answered my own question but just in case someone else is wondering, I kept searching and found this link:

Work with albums in Lightroom CC on a mobile device |

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just answered my own question but just in case someone else is wondering, I kept searching and found this link:

Work with albums in Lightroom CC on a mobile device |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good link! Glad you found your answer. An album in Lightroom CC is like a collection in Lightroom Classic CC; that is to say, somewhat like a "play list" in iTunes or Spotify. Any one image can be in multiple albums, or you can remove it from all albums, in which case it is still in the catalog (in a folder, using Lightroom Classic CC terminology). Folders are representative of physical image locations, while collections/albums are just lists of images that "go together."

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply!

That's what was confusing me, the term "album" rather than "collection". I have LR 5 on my iMac but I haven't used it since I got an iPhone which is why I want to start using LR Mobile.

I also found Julianne Kost's LR Mobile CC videos. One from 2016 uses the term "collection" so Adobe must have changed it at some point? Anyway, I understand it now.

Thanks again,

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the 2017 release of the Lightroom CC cloud ecosystem the name Album was adopted (well and in Adobe Revel before that also).

I remember reading that one of the reasons was that generally, people keep their photos in Albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines