• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable sync in Lightroom for Mobile iOS?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to select "Sync Only Over WiFi". But it appears there is no way to disable sync entirely, temporarily, when on WiFi.  I'm often traveling places with terrible WiFi connections. I want to leave WiFi enabled on my iPad/iPhone for email, etc., and I'd like to be able to import photos to Lightroom Mobile from Camera Roll and CF reader, and work on/review those photos, but I don't want Lr to constantly be trying to upload GBs of photos which will take virtually forever, destroy my other WiFi usage, etc.

Any suggestions?

I would REALLY like to see a simply, "Don't sync" option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Have you added it to this forum also Bruce.. Photoshop Family Customer Community as that's the one Adobe are most likely to pick up on and users to vote for.

There may be a request ready there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added it to this forum also Bruce.. Photoshop Family Customer Community as that's the one Adobe are most likely to pick up on and users to vote for.

There may be a request ready there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and desperately hope there is a simple "just do this..." response from Adobe. i dont expect there to be one. I spent over an hour on a support call with their "tech support" and they were completely clue-less and basically ended up blaming iCloud sync for the issue. i of course had turned off the "Auto add Photos" switch, turned off the sync on my desktop app, but that only prevents the files from going to the adobe cloud and/or syncing with the desktop app, it does not prevent it uploading to whatever the no-mans land that is located at photoshop.adobe.com.

It really does nearly ruin the ability to use the app if you have to disable your wifi connection while using it so that it doesn't swamp your internet connection trying to needlessly upload GBs worth of raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does signing out of your account in the App work? (but still allow you to use the App)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're logged out of mobile, it won't allow you to work with raw files, among other limitations I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - wifi resources are limited when traveling this also appears to quickly drain the mobile battery. Hello Adobe - any thoughts on correcting this flaw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a good idea. The best way to submit this is here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can turn off by clicking on GENERAL and then unselected "auto add photos"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines