• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG files deleted after updating Lightroom Mobile?

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Last week I updated my LR for Mobile app and opened the app to find all my DNG files taken on my phone gone. I upgraded to premium in the hope that I’d be able to access them but they appear to be gone from my cache, and all my JPGs had this weird thumbnail that was just a cloud with a “!” in the middle. I don’t use LR desktop, it has been purely for editing the photos in my phone. So I guess what I’m asking is, how do I get my DNGs back, and if I can’t, why has this happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you look under the Cloud status at the top LrM menu-bar, is there any progress showing. If not could you do me the favor and send us a diagnostic log....which can be triggered when you  open up the  Lr Mobile settings via the top right gear-icon and  then navigate to the Help&Support section and long-tab (approx for 3 sec) "Access our Support Forum"-entry and a  diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client. Hope this helps to get a clue about your issue.

btw do you have an idea from which version of Lr Mobile you updated from.

In addition could you try the steps from here How to recover Lightroom for mobile (iOS) photos using iTunes File Sharing  ...to see if the photos are still listed on the device.

Thanks

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guido,

There doesn‘t seem to be any activity going on at the top. I sent a diagnostic log but I’m not sure if it went through. Regardless, I think I’ll try to recover them with iTunes file sharing, mainly because my phone is saying Lr is taking up around 15 GB of storage, though Lightroom is saying I’ve only stored around 200 photos on it, most of which are fairly low-quality JPGs. So I believe that the photos are still on it, but maybe they’re an older version of DNG that isn’t supported anymore after the new update? I think the last time I updated before last week was a few months ago.

Thanks for your help so far,

Hunter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines