• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits keep getting lost?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep finding that when I open the Lightroom Mobile app, adjustments I’ve made to my favorite photos are gone, and I’m starting to question my sanity.

I start by taking photos with the Lightroom Mobile camera, and making some basic cropping adjustments while reviewing and rating my favorite photos.

At some point, I will return to a photo and make further adjustments (e.g., color and selective edits).

Later, when I reopen the app, those additional adjustments (e.g., color and selective edits) are gone, with no indicator that I have made *any* adjustments with those tools — but the basic, initial adjustments (e.g., cropping) remain.

I then use those tools again to recreate the lost edits, only to later find that they have been lost upon reopening the app.

This is incredibly frustrating, and seems to happen across a variety of environments (see below). It does *not* happen with every single photo I make additional adjustments to, but often enough that I start to question my own sanity.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

###

I’m on an iPhone 7 Plus, running the latest versions of iOS (11.0.3) and Lightroom Mobile (3.0.0 317C4C) — but this has happened to me on previous versions of iOS and Lightroom Mobile as well.

I originally believed that this issue may be related to making adjustments when away from a WiFi connection, but I have also experienced it while at home, connected to my home WiFi network.

In Settings, I have enabled “Use Cellular Data” and “Only Doenload Smart Previews”. I do not regularly use Lightroom on my desktop computer, and the loss of adjustments has occcurred with no changes in my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I get it right that even when you confirmed the Selective Edits via the buttom right checkmark they were lost?...or could it be that you had still the selective edit mode open while opening a different app and the ios system kicked Lr Mobile off due to memory constraints. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking, Guido. Yes, I have lost edits after confirming them with the checkmark — it has happened both with selective edits, and color adjustments. After editing, I see the “dot” below the icons for those tools, indicating that they have been used… and then later, there is no dot, indicating that I have not used those tools yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you run the next time in such an issue could you copy one of these photos in an extra "forDebug"-collection and send me the link as a private message. With that I could have a look at the server  history and hopefully get a clue . - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I’ll keep an eye out and follow-up when (if?) it happens again. Thanks, Guido!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guido,

I've been seeing this more and more lately. This is both with photos taken on my A7RIII and imported onto my iPhone 7, and also with photos taken on the iPhone 7.

First instance was one I edited over a number of sessions (multiple open and close of Lightroom on my phone), I exported and uploaded to IG, went back in to export a full size version for the subject but all settings vanished.

Most recently I edited an image from this morning, and the settings had vanished when I returned to Lr ....

I'll share that gallery with you so you can check the server log out.

Keep me updated!

Cheers, Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had this issue a couple of times now too. I even exported the photo from mobile and when I later checked back the edit is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this happened to me a number of times as well before. The last one just happened again today. Very frustrating. Can I send the link to you for debug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this.  Happens about one in 10 times. Incredibly frustrating and it makes me not trust the mobile app to do any gig stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile for iOS 3.3.1was released earlier today with a fix in this area. Download and install and let us know if you see any more lost edits.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening here too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I upgraded by Adobe Lightroom CC yesterday morning (I am not using lightroom mobile) I even backed up catalogs before upgrading. When I opened my lightroom this morning, ALL adjustments conducted on this library were missing, only original photos. How do I recover these edits as this is en entire wedding I have been working on for weeks an my deadline is TODAY.

Thanks,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly this app (iOS and Mac) should be marked as beta and not final.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me regularly! I am currently using iOS 12.0.1 on iPhone XS. But this has been happening for a long while. It’s so random that I cannot even guess when it will happen. Here we are a year after the original question and Adobe has yet to acknowledge or address this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Erik,

There is a bug in this area that will be fixed in the next release.

One additional step you can take to help ensure you don't see this issue is to make certain that you move to a different image to commit the edits to syncing before closing/restarting the app or your device.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines