• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expired subscription

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a thread about this already, but I sadly didn't get help from it as a tried everything that was being advised. I checked I'm using the correct account, I signed out of Lightroom and apple and signed back in. My payment went through but I'm being presented with a expired subscription. I tried to restore the purchase and was stuck on a loading screen several times. I tried to talk to a rep and was told it was an issue with apple. Apple said it's not an issue. My payment went through as well. I have photos that need to be edited and need my purchase to work! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue! Just loading on "Restore Purchases".

I've already called Apple twice and been through 4 or 5 or 6 Adobe support representatives on chat. I lost count an hour ago.

It sure would be nice to be able to edit my vacation photos... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some background: 

I started a free trial of Lightroom for iPad, but not wanting to be charged, I went into the App Store and promptly cancelled that trial.

After a while, I opened Lightroom and I saw "Expired Subscription". Okay, sure, time to pay up. So I first went into "Premium Features > Renew" but was met with "Unable to Complete Purchase". And I clicked "Restore Purchases" and was met with our friend, the infinite loading screen.

At this point, I went into the App Store and just hit "Renew Subscription". App Store charged me $5, and told me that I'm all set until mid-November.

But I returned to the Lightroom App and... no dice. "Premium Features > Renew > Unable to Complete Purchase", and "Renew Subscription > Infinite Loading Screen"

I contacted Adobe Support, who recommended I contact Apple Support. Just like you, Apple Support had me sign in and out of Media & Purchases, and reinstall Lightroom. No dice. 

And now where am I?

I think I got a bit further than you in this headache, Emily5CA7.

At the end of that endless Adobe chat thread, Adobe Support recommended that I cancel my subscription with Apple and then I can start a new one.

I went into the App Store and cancelled my subscription there, but since I had already paid $5 for a month, the subscription was still active for a month.

I contacted Apple and they put in a refund request. Once that refund request processes (~48 hours), then my subscription will be completely inactive. 

(Apple, sensing my frustration, gave me a free movie rental credit! Good Guy Apple.)

If what the Adobe chat representative says is correct, once my subscription is completely inactive, I'll be able to start a new one and access the app properly. In like 2 days. Sigh.

(Assuming that that restore purchases screen works and doesn't just spin on the loading screen 🙄)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 hours later, and it magically works. Why I wasted three hours last night talking with support, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So hours and hours went by of me talking to the AWFUL and I cannot say it enough..AWFULLLLL Adobe reps. I explained each time that I don't want to be told it's an issue with apple as I contacted apple and confirmed my purchase went through, and they see zero issues on their end. But of course Adobe reps told me time and time again it's an apple issue. Even though I said the app freezes and isn't recognizing my payment that had already been taken out. I wish they had a phone service for the weekends so I could talk to people that way and get my point across. Anyways some magic happened and it randomly worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For both of you I can see an active subscription applied to the Adobe-id which you are using for this forum. Please let us know if it helps to sign-in with your forum-adobe-id. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines