Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting as .DNG with edits

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to LR but trying to save my DNG file taken within LR with the camera with filter edits as a .DNG file.

Basically I want to email the image to my sister so that she can import into her LR and copy the preset I have used.

Any easy way to do this?!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

If you can send a DNG file that has the settings applied, she will be able to open it with LR Mobile and copy the settings to other photos - or create saved presets from those settings.

You won’t be able to export the DNG with settings applied from LR Mobile, though; you’ll have to do that on the desktop.

In another forum thread, I came across a website offering DNGs to use as presets, and there is a pretty good “how-to” for getting the DNG files into LR Mobile: https://heleneinbetween.com/2018/04/how-to-use-lightroom-presets-on-your-mobile-free-plus-new-presets-for-travel-and-lif…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can send a DNG file that has the settings applied, she will be able to open it with LR Mobile and copy the settings to other photos - or create saved presets from those settings.

You won’t be able to export the DNG with settings applied from LR Mobile, though; you’ll have to do that on the desktop.

In another forum thread, I came across a website offering DNGs to use as presets, and there is a pretty good “how-to” for getting the DNG files into LR Mobile: https://heleneinbetween.com/2018/04/how-to-use-lightroom-presets-on-your-mobile-free-plus-new-preset...

I’m not affiliated with the author of this website, but I thought the tutorial on this page was useful.

Let me know now if you need help with how to create the DNG for mailing.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Very helpful!

got that part figured out now

When she saves the preset from the image I sent her to “user presets“ it shows as saved but when she goes to apply that saved preset to another imagine it doesn’t show on the list Any insight on what might be happening there? I’ve tested myself and seem to have the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The feature to show partially compatible presets (presents that were created with a raw file that may not fully apply to a jpg) was added to LR CC Desktop version in the latest release: New features summary for the December 2018 release of Lightroom CC

However, this new feature apparently only applies to Windows and Mac, and Android versions of LR CC. So far, this feature hasn't made its way to iOS. See here as well: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-2018-12/

If you open a Raw/DNG file, you'll see the full list of presets. If you open a JPG or TIFF, you might see a partial list or none, depending on how the presets were created. If you plan to share presets for use on iOS for photos other than DNG/Raw, you might want to limit the scope of the presets to just those settings that will transfer to a JPG, or make sets of presets. Remember that you can stack presets (one preset for Light settings, a different preset for Detail, etc) so you can build your presets that way for better compatibility.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines