• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast presets not exportable

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quick presets that you can choose when shooting with the Lightroom app - can't be exported. The "flat" preset gives me great results I like and would love to edit without loosing all preset settings and export with the corrections/preset applied. When exporting a picture with these presets the exported file is naked - no preset applied. Just the raw file.

Im I doing something wrong or are those presets not usable at all?

greetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flat" isn't really a preset.  It's just the default when you open an image.  The only value that changes with "Flat" is the tint, usually by such a small amount (+/- ~10) that it's barely noticeable.

Try using a much more obvious preset and export that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a big difference between the presets that you can choose while shooting in camera mode and the presets in editing mode.

I stopped using the in camera presets and edited each and every file afterwards. A bit annoying ...

for me the "flat" style makes a huge difference compared to the unfiltered image.

Without filter: Dropbox - Foto 26.02.17, 18 35 49.png

flat style: Dropbox - Foto 26.02.17, 18 35 53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just done a test with the "Camera > High Contrast" preset and the image exports correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So maybe to clarify: i am using the Lightroom mobile app on an iPhone 7+ and shooting in DNG.

While shooting im using the (German: Flach / English: Flat) quickpreset.

This results in an image while shooting that I really like. (1)

in the gallery the pictures are shown in this style.(1) But when i export them without any edit the pictures are plain - like the raw file. (2)

compared this to the "flat" preset in the editing mode (3) it doesn't look a bit like the one I shot (1).

Maybe the difference lies in the way Lightroom mobile works. I guess there is some sort of preview file that is created on the fly. But when you are loading the raw file the preset etc is not matched correctly because of the different bit-depth.

(1) Dropbox - Foto 27.02.17, 10 28 31.png

(2) Dropbox - Foto 27.02.17, 10 28 42.png

(3) Dropbox - Foto 27.02.17, 10 28 58 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's quite a difference.  What happens when you view the photos in Lightroom Desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines