• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: full quality sharing on Android version, like iOS version has

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Android version shares a small file. There is no way of choosing the quality like with the iOS version, where you can use the Export option to share and choose the specs. The Export option on Android only allows photos to be downloaded to the device.

Please fix this. I think it could be a simple oversight. Surely it is possible to do. Or is the Android version crippled on purpose to encourage us to use iOS?

Otherwise, the features seem the same. But with the Android update coming out slightly behind iOS, that makes me think iOS is the primary concern and Android is an after thought.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android's "Export as" option has the same settings options as the iOS version, including the Quality option. As you point out, however, the subsequent "where to" options on Android are confined to the device Gallery.

The "Share to..." option on Android, however, does not have the same export settings as the iOS version. Coincidentally, I answered a very similar post this morning, and the explanation is that when it comes to sharing to social media or third-parties, the control that Lightroom has is limited by the Android operating system:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-for-mobile-apple-tv/share-original-not-scaled-files-android...

I suspect this ties in to the lack of alternative destination options when using "Export as".

There is no concern in my mind about the Android version being "deliberately crippled to encourage us to use iOS", that wouldn't seem to make much sense given Androids vastly greater world-wide market share. The last updates came out at the same time, AFAIK. Since LrMobile was first introduced, the iOS and Android apps have greatly converged, but there are still some differences which I think are much more to do with the different operating systems than any other reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaining Jim. It's a strange limitation as obviously I can share the full size image from my device still. Let me try another app...

I actually don't accept your explanation, because I just shared a full size image from Snapseed. It shared the full quality file by default.

If a free photo editing app can share files in full quality then a paid one can certainly do it. 

Please could you add it as a feature request, as I have just shown that it is a missing feature and therefore a bug if the Android version is supposed to be the same as the iOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fair enough....but as this is just a user-to-user forum (U2U), it would be better to post a feature request to the official Adobe feedback site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875

While some Adobe engineers occasionally visit this forum, posting feature requests to the official site ensures that Adobe will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, I didn't know that. Thanks Jim. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines