Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files saving to device smaller than they used to

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

when I save photos to device they are smaller than they should be.

my work flow is:

plug dslr into android phone with otg cable and import raw photo.

edit

save to device

the origional raw is 25mb

exported jpeg is 5mb!

why is this happening?

the exported files are too small for the news agencies I deal with.

any help appreciated

jh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You would expect a jpeg to be a lot smaller as they are compressed. My RAWs and jpegs are similar sizes.

As well as saving a jpeg to the device, you can 'export original' also, which will save the RAW out of the app (some details here in the link)

Get started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile app on Android

The RAW and the jpeg though will be the same dimensions and dpi though (for instance when taken into Photoshop) and the difference in output may not be discernible, depending on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selondon  wrote

Hi,

You would expect a jpeg to be a lot smaller as they are compressed. My RAWs and jpegs are similar sizes.

As well as saving a jpeg to the device, you can 'export original' also, which will save the RAW out of the app (some details here in the link)

Get started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile app on Android

The RAW and the jpeg though will be the same dimensions and dpi though (for instance when taken into Photoshop) and the difference in output may not be discernible, depending on the subject.

One thing I forgot to say, is that the Exported Original will not have any of the edits that may have been made in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues only with iPhone X/iPad using Lightroom CC mobile. I am using Lightroom 6.14 desktop to sync with mobile devices & then export those edited files that need to remain in a large format. Too many steps! Until there is  a mobile solution this appears to be an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi toddl89798856ā€‹

Photos synced to the Cloud/Mobile from Lightroom Desktop 6.14 (now updated and named Classic) will only be lower res Smart Previews.

If you had a subscription and thus Cloud Storage you could replace the Smart Previews with the Original Files by uploading via the cloud based Lightroom CC Desktop.

It doesn't seem like you have though and I'm not sure if you can overcome this if you want to export from mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines