• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: DNG imports after 6.2 update doesn't show the edits

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the instructions to download presets and add them to my Lightroom mobile app. I open the DNG file in Lightroom, click the three dots on the top right, click create preset and save it as a new preset. But then when I go to my photos to use the preset, the photo doesn't change. The preset doesn't add any filter to my photo. Any ideas how to make the presets work??

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4201708, 4201709}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi, 

you will need to update to the 6.2.1 version over the App Store if you don't already have it.
All presets created with 6.2.0 need to be deleted and recreated.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi,

please try out our latest version that has a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Greetings,

Lightroom Mobile for iOS (iPhone & iPad) 6.2.1 was released earlier today and contains a fix for this issue.

If you previously downloaded Lightroom 6.2 you should install this update as soon as possible to avoid this issue. 

Note: To fix images that were affected you need to do the following:

1. Install 6.2.1
  2. Delete the file and move to trash
  3. Re-import the file again

Thank you for your patience. 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wtf tides that mean? What's supported then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I just updated the new version of lightroom mobile 6.2 and now when I import dng files with settings applied, the settings do not load! I sell mobile presets and customers download the .dng files and create presets from them once importing, so needless to say, I'm panicking. SOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for all the trouble We are working on a fix. - Guido/ Lr QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm so sorry to be a pester, I'm sure ya'll are hard at work. Do you have an estimate of how long it'll take to get a patch for this bug? Just trying to give our customers a little bit more info other than "it's being worked on" 🙂 

If there's any way to track this ticket too, I'd appreciate that! 

Thanks for your time and efforts in fixing this problem, really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! is this going to be fixed within the next week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told it will take weeks for this bug to be fixed from an Adobe customer service rep. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agh! Weeks? Thats not very promising..I hope they have a saved version of 6.1 somewhere in their system and just revert to that in the meantime. Lots of small business rely on the feature. May I ask if you were just talking to someone in the support chat? I'm hoping to hear back from someone directly on the forums here. They seem to always have the most accurate information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just from their customer service chat. I've had to start issuing refunds for my presets so already losing  money as a small business. Really hoping an Adobe Employee on here can provide an update. 

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 12.12.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my costumers are asking me to refund them because its not working on the new version!!!! Its going to be fixed soon? HELPPPPP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, now i know why it isn't working on them. just updated mine and it's not working anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having opened a DNG (with a preset), the preset is not showing. I can only see the original photo, not the modified photo. 
Could someone help me? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having opened a DNG (with a preset),

Did you IMPORT a DNG?

Who suplied the DNG?

Was it supplied with the purpose of creating a Preset?

the preset is not showing. 

"Not showing." where? In the Preset panel list? The Preset adjustments?

Have you created the Preset from the DNG in Edit mode?

What is the Preset supposed to do in editing?

I can only see the original photo,  not the modified photo.

How do you know that what you see is the original photo? Were you supplied an original and a modified version?

Did you do a 'Reset' of the photo?

Are you using Lightroom-Desktop v4.2 or Lightroom-Mobile v6.2 or Lightroom-Free ?

Some more details may help arrive at an answer for you.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! 
I usually import the DNG from an app called FLTR. I had no problem since yesterday. When I import the DNG, I usually create a new preset from this photo. I know it has the preset because I can literally the before and after by tapping on the photo. 
Now, when I import the DNG, I see just the original photo, without any modifications, so I cannot save the preset. 
I'm using Lightroom For Mobile. 

I made a video so I hope you can understand better!

thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that I have this kind of problem with any DNG that has a preset, not only from tha app I mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing after the last update of Lightroom, photos with settings in dng format are loaded into Lightroom now without settings. If you export your photo, then it is unloaded with the settings, and if you try to load it into the application, it is empty, loaded without settings. help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same trouble as state above. Usually after import dng file to lightroom the color of its preset will showing. However this doesn't showing. Have try to uninstall and re-install, download through different browser, still the same. Yes, I am importing dng photo and No, I don't reset the photo. I am using the latest version of lightroom in appstore. Please fix this issue. Thank you.

C1A127C7-9C54-43B5-B834-7283E614C0FB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 😫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the last update of Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same trouble on importing dng. Usually after import dng file to lightroom the color of its preset will showing. However this doesn't showing. Have try to uninstall and re-install, download through different browser, still the same. Yes, I am importing dng photo and No, I don't reset the photo. I am using the latest version of lightroom in appstore. Please fix this issue. Thank you.

9C08A9EB-9412-42CD-A982-8D67A4FFD4E7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sell presets online and 4 of my customers since yesterday have told me that they have the same issue. This was the first time ever that something like this happened. I verified their imports and the integrity of the files and there is nothing wrong with the Files or the process that they follow. The presets seem to be blank on their end, they miss the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing happened to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Woke up to an influx of emails from customers who can't save my presets from DNGs - they seem to be experiencing the issue on version 6.2.0 whereas I'm on 6.1.0 and it's working fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines