• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: DNG imports after 6.2 update doesn't show the edits

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the instructions to download presets and add them to my Lightroom mobile app. I open the DNG file in Lightroom, click the three dots on the top right, click create preset and save it as a new preset. But then when I go to my photos to use the preset, the photo doesn't change. The preset doesn't add any filter to my photo. Any ideas how to make the presets work??

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4201708, 4201709}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi, 

you will need to update to the 6.2.1 version over the App Store if you don't already have it.
All presets created with 6.2.0 need to be deleted and recreated.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi,

please try out our latest version that has a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Greetings,

Lightroom Mobile for iOS (iPhone & iPad) 6.2.1 was released earlier today and contains a fix for this issue.

If you previously downloaded Lightroom 6.2 you should install this update as soon as possible to avoid this issue. 

Note: To fix images that were affected you need to do the following:

1. Install 6.2.1
  2. Delete the file and move to trash
  3. Re-import the file again

Thank you for your patience. 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new Lightroom Mobile App update for iOS (6.2) you cannot upload DNG files and save a Preset fro that DNG File.

For Android you can upload xmp files by using the "Import Presets" option.

For iPhone if you have Lightroom CC you can sync your LR App to your Desktop Lightroom by signing into the same account on your LR App as you are signed into on your Desktop Lightroom.

Make sure both have sync turned on.

Hopefully they update the iOS soon to have the "Import Presets" feature!!!!

When you import a Preset to your Desktop Lightroom it will also import a Preset to your Mobile Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am officially FREAKING OUT. Adobe, WHY?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah, do you know if there is any way to work around this? Are there alternative ways to share a file that would work similarly..? I know I can share .xmp files and users can sync to their desktop, but beyond that, is there an easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess,

Not at this time.

I contacted Adobe and chatted with them for almost an hour and there is not other work around except users using their Desktop Lightroom CC to sync their Presets.

They did say an update might be coming soon for iPhone users. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

a workaround for subscribers and trial users would be to use https://lightroom.adobe.com for the import of the DNG files.
You need to tap on the plus icon to initiate the import interface.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this workaround just for 30 days because of trial right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, as you mention, this workaround is a temporary workaround until we have fixed this issue.

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

Could you please confirm this is a temporary issue that Adobe is working on rather than a permanent update? 
Really important to be able to use DNG files on the mobile app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gotten confirmation from the person I was talking to through customer service either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told it is temporary. Also if you read through the thread, there is a workaround using the web version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

I am trying to save a preset from  lightroom.adobe.com however once I open/edit a DNG file there is no option fo me to save or create a preset? Any help here please? Screenshot below

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 12.22.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround is just to get the DNG/preset into Lightroom correctly. Once the files are added from the web browser, you would go back into your Lightroom app and save the preset there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sara Lou is it possible to return to the free version after the trial period? I know many people who did not succeed. At the end of the trial period the account is locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

did you consider losing of milions lightroom users and also lightroom preset sellers who pay subscriptions?

If they can't sell DNG presets for free mobile app why should they pay and use lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have there been any updates regarding this issue? I'm going crazy over here not being able to import and use my presets! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still import your Presets using lightroom.adobe.com

Log in with same account information you are using for your Lightroom App. Click + button and import the DNG files.

The DNGs will appear in "all photos" folder in your Lightroom Mobile App. From there you can save and use your Presets. Make sure sync is on in your Lightroom App.

If you see a cloud with a strike through it you need to reinstall your App.You will have a 30 day trial to use this feature.

Let me know if that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped! Thank you so much 🙏🏼☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, would you mind telling me how you were able to save a preset from
a DNG file using lightroom.adobe.com in a web browser please?

--
*Kelsey Heinrichs*
*London-based Blogger & Creative Director*

*07480603703 | Instagram | Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara, 
I am trying to save Presets from a DNG file on lightroom.adobe.com, however when I import the DNGs, there is no option fo me to save the preset. How did you manage to save a preset using lightroom.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey,

After you import the DNG to lightroom.adobe.com then you will open your Lightroom App.

The DNGs you uploaded to the Adobe website will now located in you "All Photos" folder in your Lightroom App.

They will be DNG format with the Preset settings applied for you to save the your Presets from.

Let me know how that goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, instead of import images on the Lightroom app on the phone it better to do it on the link that you have send it? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Maria, if you're using a mobile device, upload the dng files on the web version of LR that Sara mentioned lightroom.Adobe.com - then finish creating the presets in the app. As long as you have the paid version, the dng files will correctly sync in your Lightroom app, so you can create the presets from the dng files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to this issue? Im receiving a lot of messages of clients regarding this situation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been speaking to Adobe Customer Service that I've been told it will take weeks until this bug is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? 😩

but at least they will correct it, it is already very good to know. 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines