• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Edits are missing from Jpegs after Lightroom Mobile 6.0 update iOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any issues with the 6.0.0 version of the Lightroom app update for their iPhones? All my previous edits on all phots have disappeared....

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4200126}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi all,

We're sorry for all the trouble. This is a known issue with Lightroom Mobile 6.0 update on iOS. If you haven't updated to version 6.0 then, please wait for the fixed version. Do not uninstall or reinstall Lightroom Mobile 6.0 update.

If you have already updated to Lightroom Mobile 6.0 then, please don't use the Lightroom Mobile app and don't try to fix anything or make any edits. Please wait for the fix.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi all,

We have just release Lightroom Mobile 6.0.1 on iOS which should resolve the missing edits issue. Could you please update to Lightroom Mobile 6.0.1 from the AppStore and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post in the Lightroom Mobile forum, not the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah apologies, I'm new here 🙂 Thank you, I will post it over there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you please force quit the Lightroom Mobile app and try relaunching it. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

You mean deleting the app and reinstalling it again? I really am willing to try anything as I am pretty desperate to get those edits back :((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you just need to force quit (Close) the app and try to reopen the Lightroom mobile and it should fix the problem for you. Check the following article for the steps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that already...many times actually since the update but it didn't help :((( I am not sure what else I can do to get the edits back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Are you missing all the edits or some recent ones? Could you please login to the Lightroom web and check if you see your edits there? Here's the link: https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

It seems all edits from the last 6 months or so that are gone 😞

I logged into the Desktop app and I can save edited files form there but all the versions of edits are gone there too 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Would logging in and out of the appand resintalling it on the phone help in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any issues with the 6.0.0 version of the Lightroom app update for their iPhones? All my previous edits on all phots have disappeared....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue right now. It's quite frustrating.
Were you able to fix yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly not yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agata, did you have the free version or a subscription with cloud storage? 

Also had you updated previously before this and all was okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have had a subscription with cloud storage for years now....

And yes, I have kept the app up to date, always. It nebver casued me any issues until now :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the account that you are using for the forum is not a paid subscription.
Meaning that it did not sync against the cloud.
Uninstalling would lead to you losing your data.

Using a different account would also lead to the same state.
Do you recall when you used the app the previous occacion? 
Do you recall if you have logged in recently? 

If you are using a different id, please use that one for the forum too.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

Yes, I quickly logged into the forum with a different email address as I wanted to leave the message on the forum as soon as I noticed the issue. The other account I have and that I am using my Lightroom app from is a paid subscription with cloud storage.

I use the app every day many times as I am a photogrpaher and edit photos that I need for my business and social media accounts...so the fact that I lost all the edits on photos from the last 6 months is pretty devastating for me :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please log in with that account and continue in this thread or just ping me privately?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio, I have just sent you a PM.

Best,

Agata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed this, when viewing an edited JPEG all the edits disappeared from the image - the change didn't seem to get synced back to the cloud but I may have just killed the app quickly enough to prevent that happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've still completely lost confidence though, there's no way of checking if it's made changes elsewhere and if they've synced or not. Feels like a repeat of the photos deletions of the earlier updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for all the trouble. This is a known issue with Lightroom Mobile 6.0 update on iOS. If you haven't updated to version 6.0 then, please wait for the fixed version. Do not uninstall or reinstall Lightroom Mobile 6.0 update.

If you have already updated to Lightroom Mobile 6.0 then, please don't use the Lightroom Mobile app and don't try to fix anything or make any edits. Please wait for the fix.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this bug likely to have removed any edits for photos I didn't open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated my mobile LR on iPhone to ver 6.0.0

And edited info (not the picture itself) on my workspace before ver 6.0.0 has all erased.

I guess this specifically applied to JPG, not HEIC.

(RAW file is not tested yet)

I feel embrassed to see my works are almost gone and i hope this to be fixed and should not happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines