• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Missing Images and Presets after Lightroom Mobile 5.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom automatically updated and I lost everything I had until this morning when I last used it.

I hope theres a way to recover my work back.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4199043}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-today-18th-august-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact thing happened to me. Was using free mobile LR version for years. Adobe LR had some sort of update on Aug 17 (yesterday) so I have a feeling this did something. Many people seem to be posting the exact same thing happening. All photos and presets gone (only default LR presets are left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing has happened to me. Though it seems only thing from the last 2 weeks have gone for me. I'm online with support but doesn't seem to be achieving much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have been using lightroom mobile trial for a period of time and suddenly when i tuned in today, all my photos (except two from a long long time ago) were gone! Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
yesterday 08/18/2020 after opening the lightroom application, it turned out that it has been updated and thus I lost photos and settings saved in it. There are only a few photos from 2 years ago. The application has been used for several years in the free version. Before that, there was no problem with it. Please help me recover my settings and photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my mobile app please let me know if you find any solution , on my Instagram handle @iLakhan77 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Yesterday I noticed that there are no pictures in my Lightroom gallery. Usually all my phone gallery would go through iCloud and I will be able to find them in Lightroom gallery. But I kept there all my presets and pictures that were taken with the help of its camera. Right now there are no pictures anumore. The gallery is emty now. And I was trying to look through, where I can find everything and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. Can you help me to solve my problem, pls ? 
thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so upset. I went on my Lightroom today and all of my recent photos I've edited are gone as well as my user presets I created. I do have a subscription to Lightroom. When I go to my library, I see some photos I edited previously but none are recent. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I have storage on my iphone, on iCloud and I had storage in Lightroom. I worked pretty hard on the presets I created and had saved under "user presets". Is there any way to get my photos back into Lightroom? They are still in my camera roll unedited.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im missing all photos from April-August

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!!! All of my presets and latest photos are gone !!!! i had hundreds :(((((((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've recently updated my phone and Lightroom and my presets and all my photos have now disappeared there was some presets on there that I paid over $150 for as a one off and can't get them back is there a way I can get these back along with all my photos? I have a lot of other albums presets deleted as well. Really need to get these back as my daughters photos are on there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has Lightroom on her iPhone. She had the free version as she does not describe. The App updated yesterday and she is now on version 

v5.4.0 7C7959. She is no longer able to find her presets. They normally show under the User Presets folder, but that is no longer there. I have been able

to resolve this type of issue in the past, but it just seems like they are gone. 

I even tried creating a new preset under the User Preset folder thinking maybe it would cause the old ones to show up, but they are still not there. I turned on the 'Show Partially Compatible Presets' setting but that didn't make a difference. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with the recent update or have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your presets and images in Lightroom mobile app have disappeared after the recent app update.

This is a known issue and our engineers are currently investigating the issue.

Please checkout this discussion and share your  subscription status so that we can track the issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod...

Note: Regardless of whether or not you are subscribed - do not uninstall the app!

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woke up this morning to check that all of my photos stored in light were deleted. why is that????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your presets and images in Lightroom mobile app have disappeared after the recent app update.

Please checkout this discussion and share your  subscription status so that we can track the issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod...

Note: Regardless of whether or not you are subscribed - do not uninstall the app!

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the LR Camera feature for the first time on a recent backpacking trip. My goal was to capture photos in RAW dng to edit later on my desktop. I was able to then view my photos in the LR Camera Photos folder and I even edited one while in the field using the app. Due to being in the wilderness with no cell signal, I had the phone set to Airplane mode to save power. I also closed all the apps, including LR Mobile, before putting my phone away for the evening to limit any possible power loss. When opening LR Mobile upon returning home, I've discovered NONE of my photos shot using the LR Mobile app exist anymore. Meaning nothing existed in the LR Camera Photos folder. At least so it seems. I've checked my Adobe cloud, iCloud, and even did the trick of connecting my iPhone to my Mac. Would this have anything to do with no internet connection for syncing? So far, this is extremely disappointing as I captured a few meaningful images while out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that are not recoverable. We sincerely apologize to any customers who have been affected by this issue. 

If you are affected by this issue, please refer to the information in our forum.

See this article for more details. 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to recover the photos? And no further plans to investigate options for those that lost photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we will not recover photos or presets with the new update but you made it only to prevent new issue? And how you think that we will continue using this app if you have these kind of issue? You are an app that works with photos and you know how much pictures are important for people in 2020 (many people work with them!) and with an update you cancel years of works or personal records and the best you can do is apologize and launch a new update that doesn't solve the problem! Good job Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Means this problem you guys cannot fix?

Just let it be? I think this is big mistake of Adobe ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no solution to fix this and recover our photos? Then I sincerely hope Adobe will be providing refunds to us. I have lost 19,000 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my presets and photos(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if I restore the backup from March and after restoring I update the application to version 5.4.1, can I count that at least this data will be kept? Will everything disappear after starting the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines