• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free iphone memory

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using lightroom cc on iPhone with 16GB. As and when I import pictures into it and start working on them, the lightroom takes more storage than other. I could free only ~300mb of memory by clearing cache, when I couldnt import more photos. Presently the lightroom uses 6.88gb of memory, being the highest among my apps.

Are there any way to clear the memory used by lightroom? Clearing the cache doesnt help much besides to allow iPhone breath.

Does deleting the pictures in lightroom mobile delete also the pictures in the cloud?

The lightroom has almost used up all the spaces of my iphone, which directly impacts other application to run smooth.

Cheers

V

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vijay,

In LR mobile, when you tap the LR icon and choose “Local Storage,” what do you see? In the latest version of LR you can clearly see how much space is used by cache and locally stored photos:

Here I have over 1700 photos synced and this is my usage.

Note that that you can also choose “Cloud Storage and Sync” to show what’s in the cloud. In that page, you can also choose “Only download Smart Previews” which helps to keep the local Storage at a minimum.

84CB446A-B025-4BA8-B150-0C60F88FF6B9.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Below are the information I see in my "Local Storage",

Locally Stored Copies: 6.27 GB

Cached Files: 0.00 Gb

Free: 0.45 GB

In the Cloud Storage & Sync,

Backed up: 1,159 photos

Available Cloud Storage 8.61 GB of 20 gb

Only Download smart Previews is "ON"

How do I clear local storage copy of photos that I see is swallowing up all my memory, such that I does not effect my cloud copy anytime/anywhere?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vijayv  wrote

How do I clear local storage copy of photos that I see is swallowing up all my memory, such that I does not effect my cloud copy anytime/anywhere?

Hi Vijay,

You can go under “Cloud Storage & Sync,” and there you can choose the option to “Only Download Smart Previews.” You may need to clear cache again after setting this. Im not sure if it will have immediate effect.

Mike

C3C28204-F280-400D-965C-5D67E1A4B733.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I have mentioned in my previous comment to your reply, I have made it on long back, but that didn't benefit the phone in freeing storage space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines