Highlighted

Got the free trial, started editing & Lightroom crashed - lost all photos

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So I've been using the free version of Lightroom for iPad for a few days. I decided to get the 7 day trial so I can have access to premium features. Once I started editing one of my photos, Lightroom crashed. Once I opened it, all my stuff was gone. Not a single photo or present was on my app. I made sure I was on the right account, tried restarting my iPad but nothing is working! I lost a lot of photos and presents. Please help me get them back! 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, FAQ, How to, Import and share, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Got the free trial, started editing & Lightroom crashed - lost all photos

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So I've been using the free version of Lightroom for iPad for a few days. I decided to get the 7 day trial so I can have access to premium features. Once I started editing one of my photos, Lightroom crashed. Once I opened it, all my stuff was gone. Not a single photo or present was on my app. I made sure I was on the right account, tried restarting my iPad but nothing is working! I lost a lot of photos and presents. Please help me get them back! 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, FAQ, How to, Import and share, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiffany

Anything you had captured or imported while logged into the same Adobe ID should now be synced and available even while you are just in the 7-day free trial the iOS app store subcription allows.  

If you had removed the app before subscribing and found those images missing after reisntalling, this is because free acounts do not sync and any images that exist in a free account are removed from the device when the app is removed.  It doesn't sound like what you described, but just wanted to be clear that free-use accounts do not sync, and subscribing cannot recover images lost when the free app is removed -- just in case this info helps you or others.

If you have not uninnstalled the app, this help page shows how you might be able to recover images (but unfortunately not presets): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm... 

Or if you have a recent backup of your device from a time when you still had the missing photos and presets, restoring that backup will restore the images and presets to Lightroom while also applying your subscription to get those items synced and backed up to cloud storage.

I hope one of these suggestions helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked was restoring a back up from an earlier time! Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0