• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Albums disappeared from Lightroom Mobile (iPhone) after most recent update

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I opened my Lightroom app on my iphone yesterday and noticed many of my albums filled with edited photos disappeared! I checked the app store and an update was done yesterday and I feel that was the cause of the disappearances. Funny enough though, the pictures do not even appear in the "all photos" category, but pictures dating back to december 2019 do! 

Can anyone help me retrieve these pictures? We are talking hours of work completely wiped - I'm at a loss for words. I tried to log out and log back in, but to no avail. I was too scared to delete the app completely from my phone, in case it wipes all the data, leaving all my content lost.

It may also be worth mentionning here that I only have the Lightroom app on mobile. I ended my subscription last year for Lightroom Classic on my macbook. 

Thanks in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me also! I opened my app this morning and everything was gone! I was just on the app yesterday and everything was fine. I have searched and searched for a soultion but I havent found one. I also have the free version and only through the mobile app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened also to me! I haven't found anything
I don't know what to do, I've lost also my presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt if you would have much luck, but you can try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing....

Alternatively, do you back up to iCloud, and if so, one option could be to wipe your device and restore from a backup previous to the Lightroom 5.4.0 Update, which I think was August 18th?

This though may not be as smooth as it sounds and could lead to other non-Lightroom issues.

Or maybe use a spare device and restore from an old iCloud back up and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines