• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High battery consumption

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iPad Pro 2018 is draining ~15% battery per day just by sitting on the table and not being used, I thought this was normal until I checked what as actually using the power and I found it was mainly (almost 30% of the energy) Adobe Lightroom for iPad.  I am not sure if this is "normal" (Battery efficiency of the device is still 100%, the device is one month old) and how can I improve it.

There is an option to make Adobe Lightroom to prevent the device from sleeping while charging, I believe this should not affect this since it states "while charging" but maybe I am wrong.  Is there any other way of decreasing background activity/spionage in my device?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does this happen even though Lightroom is not running at all?
I.e. does it happen after a restart of the device when you never started the app?

Otherwise, if you e.g. have a bad wifi or cellular this can cause sync to be more expensive in sense of energy usage.
If you are syncing large quantities of data, e.g. sync setting Smart Previews disabled, it can cost more.
Also if you have albums that are set to store locally.

You can try to disable background app refresh in the iOS settings for Lightroom and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To the first question, I have not tested (yet) restarting the device, not running Lightroom at all and letting time pass to see what happens.  On the other hand, what I can confirm is that the application was "in the background" as it is after changing focus in the iPadOS,  I could easily try to "kill it" from the background Apps and see what happens.

Regarding the connectivity, during the days when I experienced this behaviour that made me post this message, I did not work on new images neither uploaded them to the Lightroom cloud, so I don't think it was syncing anything remote. (Also, I am using the smart previews, which should make this even less demanding to the system)

I am sure that disabling the background app refresh in iPadOS would do the trick, but then I am losing one of the most interesting features of this Lightroom flavour, that is working on multiple devices... so despite it fixing the issue it is not a solution (for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines