• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Lightroom Mobile to automatically show higher resolution synced files offline?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up Lightroom Classic CC to sync a collection with 5000 photos to Lightroom CC which I use on my iPad Pro 12.9" latest generation with latest IOS.  When I access that collection on my iPad in LR CC, and click on a photo in Grid view to edit it, I first see a blurry photo and it takes a second to "upres" the photo to a high enough resolution photo to edit it (the little Cloud icon on the upper right shows a little blue circle for a second as the file resolution updates and then I can see a higher resolution version and work on it). 

However, this can only be done while I am online, so photos do not update like this when I am offline.  My question is - without clicking through each photo while I am online to get them to update the resolution to prepare them for editing (not happening with 5000 photos!), how can I have the entire collection update at one time or automatically to the higher resolution versions (not original full size versions though), so they are all available for editing once I go offline?  Can I "force sync" the higher resolution versions to be available offline?

Note that in the settings, under Cloud Storage & Sync, I have "Only Download Smart Previews" switched On.  I don't want to download 5000 high resolution images to my iPad and I don't think I would need to in order to edit them.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Peter

{Moved from Lightroom Desktop to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

If you have the photos in an Album you can select it an Store Album Locally (whilst still online). This should download the Smart Previews to the iPad for offline editing.

You wouldn’t be able to store the full resolution locally anyway as Classic only syncs lower res Smart Previews to the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines