• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I invoke local storage using LR CC?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought CC I was assured by the sales agent that I could store my images locally (on a portable hard drive). But after beginning to use the program I cannot figure out how to do that. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Arnie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

On Lightroom CC Desktop (OSX/Windows) you can select a location to store all originals (including external HD). If it cannot connect to the Cloud to upload, I assume it does first, but am unsure.

On Lightroom CC Mobile (iOS/Android) you cannot select an external HD for storage. It imports into the App.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you intending on using the ’new’ Cloud based Lightroom CC or the traditional disc based Lightroom Classic?

(Your question is in the Mobile forum so you may be wanting just to use that?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I purchased LR CC I was assured by the agent that I would be able to store my images locally (on a portable hard drive). I have been unable to do that. I often travel to locations with no internet access and need to be able to store and edit my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lightroom CC Desktop (OSX/Windows) you can select a location to store all originals (including external HD). If it cannot connect to the Cloud to upload, I assume it does first, but am unsure.

On Lightroom CC Mobile (iOS/Android) you cannot select an external HD for storage. It imports into the App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. It turned out that the reason I couldn't make LR CC save to local disc was that the portable hard drive was formatted as MS Windows instead of for an iMac (despite me taking the steps to do that before I used the drive). Ultimately, the correct solution for me is to not use LR CC but focus instead on LR  CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines