• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reliably get photos from LR Camera to LR Android on the same device?

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I think the Lightroom App is unrivaled in functionality. But it does have a crippling bug in the built in lightroom camera. 

In short. I open Lightroom Camera. I snap a photo. I can inspect it in the preview window. But when I go over to edit it... It's nowhere to be seen. It's as if the photo was never taken in the first place. And since its the Lightroom camera, there is no way to import the photo from somewhere else. 

So I go back. Snap another photo. And sometimes it works, sometimes it just forgets that a photo was taken.

Am I doing something wrong? As far as I can tell I do nothing different the times it works as expected versus the times it does not.
I would be much more comfortable using lightroom camera as my main camera app if I could rely on it actually saving the photos I take. 

Any  tips or suggestions? Because I am at a loss here. 
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this once. 

I still get this irritating bug/feature and I right now can not rely on this camera app to... Well..  take pictures. 

Or rather. I can take pictures but I can't be sure that Lightroom will see it fit to... Save them so I can edit or share or do anything putside that initial preview. 

Once more. Am I doing something wrong here since the issue is not widespread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also seen this happen several times. It's very annoying because at first I freak out that my photos are gone, but if I restart my phone then go back into Lightroom, sometimes it will pick up on the files it hasn't merged/synchronized yet to add them, but more often than not I'm left with the unadded photos, no way merge them, and no way to get them to sync properly. Very very frustrating.

Screenshot_20200523-010314.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines