• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove photos from my LR mobile app but leave them in the cloud and on my Mac?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove photos from my LR mobile app but leave them in the cloud and on my Mac?

I’ve just gotten back from a trip, where I took my iPad as my only computer. At the end of each day, I imported the Raw photos into the iPad photos app, and then imported them into LR mobile. Now Home, the photos have synced to the Adobe Cloud (after upgrading my storage) and to LR CC “classic“ on my Mac. Now I want to free up space on my iPad, keeping only the best trip photos on the IPad, for now. (In the future they’ll need to go too, to make room for the next trip.)

What is the correct way to remove ”originals” from the iPad, while preserving them on my Mac and in the Cloud? I want to be sure I’m retaining the Raw originals.

Thanks in advance. Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Clear Cache option within the Lr Mobile setting->Local storage.

This option would purge the local copied original when they are not marked as "stored locally" and already uploaded to the server-side.

Hope this helps.

Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once they are definitely synced to the Cloud (they don't even have to be synced down to Classic - although that would be even safer just in case you accidentally remove one from the Cloud) they can be deleted from the iOS Photos App. And as Guido says, also once synced, Clearing Cache should reduce the space taken up on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines